MicroFocus Workbench/CICS option
Author Message
 MicroFocus Workbench/CICS option

I am having a problem with Microfocus WB and the CICS option.

I have recently received the 4.0 version of WB and CICS.  I have
installed WB, and tried to install CICS, but get an error.  I told
Merant, and they tell me that it's a y2k problem.

They send me a document that is supposed to contain instructions on how
to solve this problem.  It tells me to look on the Update CD for a
certain directory and download the information and run an update.  Well,
the directory does not exist on any of the Update CD's they sent.

Then they tell me I can get into the FTP and download these 9 zip files,
unzip them and run an update.  But, the 9 files do not exist on the FTP.

Needless to say, I'm a bit frustrated....since I need this stuff
installed in order to do my job (I'm a consultant).

So....my question is this.......has anyone else had a similar
experience, and do you have a way to correct it??

FYI....I have the WB 4.0 CD, the CICS 4.0 CD, and the 4.0.38 update CD.

Thanks

Dave

  DBretz.vcf
< 1K Download

Sat, 15 Mar 2003 03:00:00 GMT
 MicroFocus Workbench/CICS option
From one of my usally reliable sources,

"The Workbench updates are still available on the FTP site at
ftp://ftp.merant.com/updates/ (which is the top level FTP directory), and at
ftp://ftp.merant.com/updates/cobol-workbench-v4.0/non-security-keyed/...
-nt-95/
for the Non Security Keyed Windows 32 bit version of Workbench
update directory.  The Y2K problem with the Setup program is on all of the
CDs created up through the end of last year.  There is a newer CD that is
available that has corrected that Y2K problem, which has both the corrected
Setup program for the base v4.0 product and includes the v4.0.38 update on
it as well.  In the directory above are two files, fix2kset.txt &
fix2kset.zip, which include the correction for the Setup Y2K problem for the
previously delivered CDs.  The instructions for using the correction are in
the fix2kset.txt file.  Customers who wish to obtain a copy of the corrected
CD can do so by requesting a copy of that CD on the Update Request page on
our web site located at
http://support.merant.com/websupport/upgstore/mfcdupgrade.asp, by calling
the SupportNet Answerline group (1-800-443-1601, voice prompt 3) and
requesting one be shipped to them, or through asking their sales person
(1-800-547-4000, voice prompt 3) to have one shipped to them.  Obviously,
prior to sending a copy of the new CD out, we will need to check to make
sure that they had purchased the product to start with, as the Workbench
product is not license keyed (except for the security keyed versions sold
mostly outside of North America).

I'm not sure why Dave was not able to find the update on the FTP site, as it
has been there for quite some time.  We are looking at moving all of the old
product updates, however, to make it easier to find in the future.  We are
in the process of adding a new facility to the SupportNet Knowledgebase,
where we will incorporate both an Update Locator in its function, as well as
include links from the relevant Knowledgebase issues that are corrected in
product updates and have those entries have direct links to the product
updates (and patches, etc.) that correct those problems.  Once we have this
fully up and running (probably not until late October or early November),
then we will be removing the updates from the FTP site, with replacing them
with a notice to look to the Knowledgebase Update Locator from that point
forward."

Quote:
> I am having a problem with Microfocus WB and the CICS option.

> I have recently received the 4.0 version of WB and CICS.  I have
> installed WB, and tried to install CICS, but get an error.  I told
> Merant, and they tell me that it's a y2k problem.

> They send me a document that is supposed to contain instructions on how
> to solve this problem.  It tells me to look on the Update CD for a
> certain directory and download the information and run an update.  Well,
> the directory does not exist on any of the Update CD's they sent.

> Then they tell me I can get into the FTP and download these 9 zip files,
> unzip them and run an update.  But, the 9 files do not exist on the FTP.

> Needless to say, I'm a bit frustrated....since I need this stuff
> installed in order to do my job (I'm a consultant).

> So....my question is this.......has anyone else had a similar
> experience, and do you have a way to correct it??

> FYI....I have the WB 4.0 CD, the CICS 4.0 CD, and the 4.0.38 update CD.

> Thanks

> Dave

Sat, 15 Mar 2003 03:00:00 GMT

1. FS Micro Focus CICS Option for COBOL Workbench

2. PL/I -- The Microfocus MVS Workbench

3. Wang COBOL on MicroFocus Workbench

4. MicroFocus Cobol Workbench v3.2x

5. cpp migration MicroFocus Workbench 2 NetExpress

6. microfocus workbench

7. MicroFocus Cobol Workbench

8. MicroFocus Cobol Workbench 4.0?

9. Microfocus Workbench 3.2.43

10. MICROFOCUS COBOL WORKBENCH VERSION 3.1 TO 4.0

11. Looking for latest version update for Microfocus workbench v3.2.43

12. OS/2 DosDEvIOCtl call in Microfocus COBOL Workbench (3.2.27)