Unisys ClearPath
Author Message
 Unisys ClearPath

Quote:

>Recently, my company has purchased a Unisys Clearpath system.  The system
>is a Unisys A6 mainframe and a Window NT Server.  I now have the ability to
>read files on the A6 from a PC network and vice versa.  However, I'm having
>trouble programmatically (COBOL85) writing files from the A6 to the PC side
>(the consultants hired by Unisys to install and setup the system don't seem
>to know how either).

>If anyone  has any experience working with a system like this, or in
>writing ASCII files (mostly comma delimited variable length records) from
>an A6 to a PC networked drive (either in a program or with NFL copy
>commands) I would be extremely interested in seeing some examples of your
>techniques.

>Thanks for any help
>Fred Pierz

I don't know your system, but the two things that sound like they MIGHT be
useful are to:

1) Use the CODE-SET clause of the FD for the file your are writing (and set
it to a Standard-1 character set - which should be ASCII)\

2) Look at creating your file with the RECORD VARYING IN SIZE clause and
*not* a RECORD CONTAINS clause - to make certain it is variable.

These are both "generic" ANSI'85 features so they should be good for your
system - even though I don't know it personally.

--
+ +
+   Bill Klein -

Frederick

Fri, 22 Sep 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 Unisys ClearPath

Recently, my company has purchased a Unisys Clearpath system.  The system
is a Unisys A6 mainframe and a Window NT Server.  I now have the ability to
read files on the A6 from a PC network and vice versa.  However, I'm having
trouble programmatically (COBOL85) writing files from the A6 to the PC side
(the consultants hired by Unisys to install and setup the system don't seem
to know how either).

If anyone  has any experience working with a system like this, or in
writing ASCII files (mostly comma delimited variable length records) from
an A6 to a PC networked drive (either in a program or with NFL copy
commands) I would be extremely interested in seeing some examples of your
techniques.

Thanks for any help
Fred Pierz

Sat, 23 Sep 2000 03:00:00 GMT

1. Unisys ClearPath

2. Client Server using Tuxedo, Fujitsu and SP2 on Unisys Clearpath mainframe

3. Tuxedo, Fujitsu Cobol & SP2 on a Unisys Clearpath

4. US-PA-HARRISBURG-UNISYS, COBOL, SQL, RDMS, $$$ UNISYS $$$ (0766) <Recruiter>

5. Unisys business (was Bank ATM machines)

6. Unisys A Series work

7. Mapper -- Unisys 4GL?

8. History of Burroughs/Unisys Machines

9. REXX compiler for Unisys A Series mainframe

10. Alternate Unisys PL/I wanted

11. Follow-Up: SORT tables on Unisys 2200

12. Need Unisys 2200 Cobol Developers