Flowcharting Tool
Author Message
 Flowcharting Tool

Does anyone know where I can get a freeware or shareware flowcharting tool
for my Cobol class? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

matt bates

Wed, 18 Feb 1998 03:00:00 GMT
 Flowcharting Tool

Quote:

>Does anyone know where I can get a freeware or shareware flowcharting tool
>for my Cobol class? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

>matt bates

Visiolite still has a demo available.
--
=========================
  intelligo ut creddam

Sat, 21 Feb 1998 03:00:00 GMT
 Flowcharting Tool

Quote:

>Subject: Flowcharting Tool
>Date: 2 Sep 1995 04:31:27 GMT
>Does anyone know where I can get a freeware or shareware flowcharting tool
>for my Cobol class? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

Yes, I need one too!!   Does anyone know where to get freeware or shareware
program on flowcharting???????
Thanks,
Mark

Sat, 21 Feb 1998 03:00:00 GMT
 Flowcharting Tool

Quote:

> Does anyone know where I can get a freeware or shareware flowcharting tool
> for my Cobol class? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

Matt,

If you are using Windows try Chartist, which should be available in
one of the SimTel archives :

SimTel/win3/pgmtools/
ngchar16.zip  184033  8  950424  Chartist 1.6a Flow/Org chart pgm for Win 3.x

--
Tony

Sat, 21 Feb 1998 03:00:00 GMT
 Flowcharting Tool

Quote:

> What I have been railing about is the need that some people have to
> turn COBOL into C.  They should look at the two languages and realise
> that the deficient one is C, not COBOL.

Both languages have deficiencies and both have strengths.  There are
some things that are very useful in C that I miss when writing
Cobol.  However, both languages are targetted at different
problem sets.  If you work entirely within the problem set that
Cobol is designed for then you probably don't see the point of C.

Most C programmers work in the problem areas that Cobol would
find difficulty with and, in these areas, C would not be seen as
deficient, Cobol would.

You really need to get out more.

Sun, 22 Feb 1998 03:00:00 GMT
 Flowcharting Tool

Quote:
Plinston) writes:

> > What I have been railing about is the need that some people have to
> > turn COBOL into C.  They should look at the two languages and realise
> > that the deficient one is C, not COBOL.

> Both languages have deficiencies and both have strengths.  There are
> some things that are very useful in C that I miss when writing
> Cobol.  However, both languages are targetted at different
> problem sets.  If you work entirely within the problem set that
> Cobol is designed for then you probably don't see the point of C.

> Most C programmers work in the problem areas that Cobol would
> find difficulty with and, in these areas, C would not be seen as
> deficient, Cobol would.

> You really need to get out more.

I do get out quite often enough - at least that's what Nurse says...

C lacks the disciplines and file-handling of COBOL.  COBOL lacks the
indiscipline of C.  In the commercial programming environment, we need
the disciplines.  You and I have been posting quite a bit about how to
achieve these disciplines recently, after all.

I couldn't agree more that C has also has its place.  My point is that
the two languages shouldn't be clones of one another but that does seem
to be waht a sector of the pro-C people want to achieve.

Charles

Fri, 27 Feb 1998 03:00:00 GMT

1. flowcharting tool for CW

2. Flowchart Tool Needed

3. Flowcharting Tools -- Any Exist?

4. FORTRAN flowcharting tools

5. Flowcharts

6. doing flowchart in CW2003

7. looking for flowcharting software

8. Automated Flowchart Generator for Clipper 5.2

9. Flowchart font available

10. FORTRAN to programming flowchart

11. Q. Flowchart/Diagram software?

12. Flowcharts Programs