Ratio between agent's share and consultant's share
Author Message
 Ratio between agent's share and consultant's share

Hi,

Could someone please tell me what is the customary/fair/going ratio
between the agent's share and the consultant's ?
Is it 10/90 ? 20/80?
Does it depend on the gross sum (i.e.: what the client pays)?

Thanks

Sun, 15 Aug 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 Ratio between agent's share and consultant's share

It doesn't work by ratios.  There is almost no correlation between
the value to the client and the various opportunities available
to the consultant.  Charge whatever the market will bear.  If you
have never lost a gig because your price is too high then you
are not charging enough. In a seller's market like today you would
expect a majority of prospective deals to fall through because the
buyer isn't willing to pay your price. Of course some people have
an aversion to negotiating, those would do well to leave consulting.

Henry.

: Could someone please tell me what is the customary/fair/going ratio
: between the agent's share and the consultant's ?
: Is it 10/90 ? 20/80?
: Does it depend on the gross sum (i.e.: what the client pays)?

Sun, 15 Aug 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 Ratio between agent's share and consultant's share

Quote:

>Hi,

>Could someone please tell me what is the customary/fair/going ratio
>between the agent's share and the consultant's ?
>Is it 10/90 ? 20/80?
>Does it depend on the gross sum (i.e.: what the client pays)?

>Thanks

It varies all over the place.  In my experience (not recent) in the SF
Bay Area, I've seen anything from a $5.00/hour override for a small
one-man operation who was a prime contractor with a large bank to 30%
(or more) of the gross for large (read bloated) contracting companies.
My wife, who recently temped as an accountant for a consulting
company, saw some 60-40 splits in favor of the company.  My feeling is
that as a W-2 employee, you'll probably come out on the short end,
especially if you need such luxuries as insurance, etc. As a
corporation, you'll get a bigger cut but also have bigger headaches of
forms and filings.

In short, you can't win but it sure beats being a wage slave.
William A. Grimes    To reply, take out the "spam."

To reply, remove the spam.

Wed, 18 Aug 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 Ratio between agent's share and consultant's share

i disagree with your statement that corporations are a headache.
after years of computer programming,
i find monthly accounting a pleasure and relaxation.
of course, it may be, that since this is MY money
instead of the companies i have worked for... then its my pleasure
(sort of like why some people dont mind if their own children scream!)
js.

*>Hi,
*>
[...]

Visit my webpage at   (new address, please bookmark)

    http://www.*-*-*.com/ {*filter*}/virtual.html-ssi
Link to EXPRESS TYPING SERVICES

Check Us Out!                           Try: EXPRESS TYPING SERVICE

 We are a confidential word processing/editing service that you can
 rely on and that you can trust.

 Specializing in
       large projects, medical, dicta, ESL, and lots more...

 Enquire today!
        http://www.*-*-*.com/

Wed, 18 Aug 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 Ratio between agent's share and consultant's share

Quote:

>Could someone please tell me what is the customary/fair/going ratio
>between the agent's share and the consultant's ?
>Is it 10/90 ? 20/80?
>Does it depend on the gross sum (i.e.: what the client pays)?

I varies with the agency.  I've had 25% to 33%.
Some agencies earn it and others don't.

Right now I'm with an agency that is working on 70/50 (28%?)
and all they do is print the checks.  I've been bringing the
client referals to them.

Thu, 19 Aug 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 Ratio between agent's share and consultant's share

Quote:

> >Could someone please tell me what is the customary/fair/going ratio
> >between the agent's share and the consultant's ?
> >Is it 10/90 ? 20/80?
> >Does it depend on the gross sum (i.e.: what the client pays)?

> I varies with the agency.  I've had 25% to 33%.
> Some agencies earn it and others don't.

> Right now I'm with an agency that is working on 70/50 (28%?)
> and all they do is print the checks.  I've been bringing the
> client referals to them.

Get Congress to repeal the 1986 Tax "Reform" Act and watch the
margins come tumbling down!!

Thu, 19 Aug 1999 03:00:00 GMT

1. Ratio between agent's share and consultant's share

2. g95 / Linux / 'shared global COMMON'

3. 'permission denied' loading shared libraries

4. Cross Platform Shared Vars and IBM's APL2

5. Can't Share File on WinME

6. Share global variables in different DLL's

7. Room share at Tools'USA 94

8. Have you an example of the use of sharing dbf's

9. URGENT: Can't share files on a Novell 4.01 Server

10. Working Win95 - Clipper 3.10a and shared 2 Pc's

11. Sharing two PC's

12. I'm looking for examples of accessing shared libraries