Micro-Focus Cobol and AIX
Author Message
 Micro-Focus Cobol and AIX

We're using Micro-Focus Cobol 3.2 with IBM AIX for a while now.
We just upgraded AIX from 4.1.4 to 4.1.5. We're experiencing a delay
problem with the escape key in our programs. When we press the ESC key
we have a 15 seconds delay before it get processed. But when we send
another ESC before the end of the delay, it pushes the first ESC to be
processed as well as the second one. There's an environment variable
called COBKEYTIMEOUT which enable COBOL to distinguish between an ESC
alone and a function key. We're using both in our programs.

I'm looking for a solution within Micro-Focus.

IBM is currently looking for one in AIX.

Anyone have any clue ?

J-F Leblond
Uni-Select

Sat, 08 Jan 2000 03:00:00 GMT

1. Microfocus COBOL on AIX RS6000

2. Micro Focus Cobol and IBM AIX

3. Porting Micro Focus COBOL from Windows 95 to AIX

4. Micro Focus Visual Cobol for AIX 4

5. Micro Focus 2.4.38 EXTFH and Micro Focus 3.1.35 compiler

6. Microfocus Cobol Migration to IBM Cobol for AIX

7. Visual Age cobol calling Micro Focus cobol

8. ASCII File (written with Microfocus) content and IBM Cobol Set for AIX

9. Does MicroFocus Cobol run under AIX 5.1?

10. Y2K - Microfocus Cobol 4.04 on AIX

11. C Versus Micro Focus COBOL Efficiency

12. A problem with Micro-focus Cobol (HP 9000/840)