OT: (Humor/Humour) - Signs That You've Had Too Much Of The 90's:
Author Message
 OT: (Humor/Humour) - Signs That You've Had Too Much Of The 90's:

Quote:

> I received the following humo<u>rous post from one of my UK contacts.  "US
> translations are in "<>" marks:

This one doesn't need translating and it is true. Knew I could fit it in
sometime. Michael M and Pete Dashwood know it from Compuserve M/F Forum
days :-

Over 30 years ago I worked for Unigate (milk and dairy product
distributor) in UK. At the time Green Giant didn't have their own
distribution set-up and used us. Having initially designed the invoicing
system I was responsible for allocating new product codes, (plus
check-digits), until the system got off the ground.

One day I got a phone call from our Liverpool depot, from my very good
friend the O & M Manager,  "Could you please allocate a new product code
?". "Sure, what's the description ?". Bowen Morgan replied,
"Miscellaneous Green Giant in sacks". After the pregnant pause from my
end of the phone he roared with laughter, then explained.

One of the barges transporting Green Giant from the merchant ship in the
harbour to the shore had sunk. They were left with a mess of soggy
cardboard boxes and the labels came off the cans.

With the new product code they sold the sacks for what they could get.
You can be damn sure the folks at the Jolly Green Giant HQ wouldn't be
too thrilled with this story ! Ho! Ho! Ho!

 Jimmy, Calgary AB

Sat, 06 Apr 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. We've been /.'ed!

2. i've been close to python's cradle :)

3. The Smalltalk Store: Why we've been slow, and why we're getting better

4. Printing a 'cent sign' with Escape

5. question about 'sign'

6. linux and the 'euro'-Sign

7. having trouble 'making' XF

8. Humour - Real Programmers Don't Use Fortran

9. OT: Answer to 'Nerdy Joke': The Computer Programmer and the Frog

11. OT Humour - Hospitals

12. OT humour