MF-COBOL Question - DB2 & MTS
Author Message
 MF-COBOL Question - DB2 & MTS

I'm having some difficulty compiling a DB2-CICS/COBOL program which
I am downsizing from MVS-DB2-CICS/COBOL-II to Microfocus MTS.

I'm running DB2/6000 with MF-Toolbox and Transaction System for AIX.
Compiling DB2 batch programs work fine, as well as compiling CICS
programs.

However, when I try to compile a DB2-CICS program, first with the
native 'dfhdev' utility that comes with MTS, I get an error that says
no compiler 'SQL' directive available.  I've then tried compiling with:

cob <program> -P -u -C "SQL SQLBIND() SQLDB(dbname)
CICS DIR($TXDIR/files/sys/tx!gnt.dir)"

which gave me the message 'SQL Precompiler not active' when it encountered
EXEC SQL statements in the procedure division.  EXEC SQL INCLUDE in
data division was however correctly included.

Does anyone have an idea to what I've done wrong ?

Linus Tham                          Tel      : (65)321-5745
Corporate Planner                   Fax      : (65)323-0726

Sun, 10 Aug 1997 14:27:28 GMT
 MF-COBOL Question - DB2 & MTS

Quote:

> I'm having some difficulty compiling a DB2-CICS/COBOL program which
> I am downsizing from MVS-DB2-CICS/COBOL-II to Microfocus MTS.

> I'm running DB2/6000 with MF-Toolbox and Transaction System for AIX.
> Compiling DB2 batch programs work fine, as well as compiling CICS
> programs.

> However, when I try to compile a DB2-CICS program, first with the
> native 'dfhdev' utility that comes with MTS, I get an error that says
> no compiler 'SQL' directive available.  I've then tried compiling with:

> cob <program> -P -u -C "SQL SQLBIND() SQLDB(dbname)
> CICS DIR($TXDIR/files/sys/tx!gnt.dir)"

> which gave me the message 'SQL Precompiler not active' when it encountered
> EXEC SQL statements in the procedure division.  EXEC SQL INCLUDE in
> data division was however correctly included.

> Does anyone have an idea to what I've done wrong ?

Linus, I've been given this response to pass on to you (the delay was
my news server down not the response):

The error message of "no SQL preprocessor active" is generated when the
preprocessor encounters a SQL statement and has not been told to invoke
the appropriate SQL preprocessor.  In DFHDEV, you must set the SQL Support
tag to 'Y'.
DB2/6000.

Fri, 22 Aug 1997 22:39:15 GMT

1. DB2/6000 version 2.0 & MF COBOL

2. DB2 Collection names with MF Cobol

3. MF Cobol and IBM DB2

4. MF COBOL - DB2/2 compile step hangs?

5. MF COBOL and DB2/2 v2.1

6. DB2 &amp; COBOL

7. MFCobol & DB2/6000

8. Assembler Load Modules in MF-MTS

9. MF NetExpress 2.0 and MTS: multithreading troubles

10. Converting WANG COBOL to MF COBOL question

11. DB2 & COBOL on AIX UNIX platform

12. FL & GA: MainFramers/COBOL/DB2