IBM VisualAge Cobol V2.2 - Utility for ISAM?
Author Message
 IBM VisualAge Cobol V2.2 - Utility for ISAM?

Does anyone know whether there is an Utility for creating a Indexed-
Sequential File on Windows/NT (from a sequential data file) for
accessing from VisualAge Cobol ? I am trying to convert ISAM files from
a Siemens BS2000 Platform on to the NT as indexed sequential files. The
mainframe data has been downloaded via ftp on to the NT platform as
sequential data.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.*-*-*.com/
Before you buy.

Tue, 17 Dec 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 IBM VisualAge Cobol V2.2 - Utility for ISAM?
I am not positive that this will help, but try looking at the IBM
"SMARTDataset Utilities" product.  See

  http://www-4.ibm.com/software/ad/cobol/coblib.htm#SDU

for a list of publications

--
Bill Klein
    wmklein <at> ix dot netcom dot com

Quote:

> Does anyone know whether there is an Utility for creating a Indexed-
> Sequential File on Windows/NT (from a sequential data file) for
> accessing from VisualAge Cobol ? I am trying to convert ISAM files from
> a Siemens BS2000 Platform on to the NT as indexed sequential files. The
> mainframe data has been downloaded via ftp on to the NT platform as
> sequential data.

> Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
> Before you buy.

Tue, 17 Dec 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 IBM VisualAge Cobol V2.2 - Utility for ISAM?
Hello,

if the isam file is described with cobol syntax on your bs2000 box, it
should be easy to write an import program in whatever cobol on on
whatever platform.

Regards
Juergen Ibelgaufts

-------------------------

Quote:

> Does anyone know whether there is an Utility for creating a Indexed-
> Sequential File on Windows/NT (from a sequential data file) for
> accessing from VisualAge Cobol ? I am trying to convert ISAM files from
> a Siemens BS2000 Platform on to the NT as indexed sequential files. The
> mainframe data has been downloaded via ftp on to the NT platform as
> sequential data.

> Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
> Before you buy.

Thu, 26 Dec 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. Compiling CICS / DB2 programs on IBM VisualAGE COBOL v2.2

2. IBM VisualAge for Cobol V2.2

3. IBM VisualAge for COBOL Std. V2.0

4. Looking for IBM VisualAge Java/IBM VisualAge Smalltalk teachers

5. ISAM, old Microsoft ISAM, Alternate Index, Micro Focus Visual Object Cobol

6. VisualAge V2 and DB2/2 V2?

7. IBM to withdraw SERVICE for COBOL for this-and-that V2 & VisualAge PL/I V2

8. IBM COBOL II, PLI V2.3 and Language environment runtime

9. IBM VISUALAGE FOR COBOL V3.0.6 10 193

10. IBM VisualAge Cobol in Windows 2000.

11. IBM VisualAge COBOL v 2.0 on NT Questions

12. IBM Visualage COBOL