OS/390 COBOL copybook cross reference
Author Message
 OS/390 COBOL copybook cross reference

I'm working with COBOL for OS/390 & VM v2.1.1 and seeking a cross
reference, in the compile listing, of copybooks and which lib they
came from.  I can't locate a compiler option which generates this.
Anybody know of one?  Thx, Rich.

Wed, 03 Aug 2005 02:57:28 GMT
 OS/390 COBOL copybook cross reference
Rich,
  I assume that you are looking for which DDName - not which DSName the copy
members come from.

If so, then I would suggest doing an ISPF exclude, then find of the word
"IN".

If you want to know which DSName they came from, I don't know of any tool
(although there might be one) that would do this.  You could create your own
LIBEXIT routine to do this - but even there it would MOSTLY handle DDName
not DSName.

--
Bill Klein
 wmklein <at> ix.netcom.com

Quote:
> I'm working with COBOL for OS/390 & VM v2.1.1 and seeking a cross
> reference, in the compile listing, of copybooks and which lib they
> came from.  I can't locate a compiler option which generates this.
> Anybody know of one?  Thx, Rich.

Wed, 03 Aug 2005 03:16:57 GMT
 OS/390 COBOL copybook cross reference
Thanks Bill,
I know the DDNAME to be SYSLIB.  I should have mentioned that I'm
compiling with batch JCL.  I would like to see DSName or at least a
positional indicator of the library in SYSLIB.  ie. SYSLIB(+2).

Quote:
> Rich,
>   I assume that you are looking for which DDName - not which DSName the copy
> members come from.

> If so, then I would suggest doing an ISPF exclude, then find of the word
> "IN".

> If you want to know which DSName they came from, I don't know of any tool
> (although there might be one) that would do this.  You could create your own
> LIBEXIT routine to do this - but even there it would MOSTLY handle DDName
> not DSName.

> --
> Bill Klein
>  wmklein <at> ix.netcom.com

> > I'm working with COBOL for OS/390 & VM v2.1.1 and seeking a cross
> > reference, in the compile listing, of copybooks and which lib they
> > came from.  I can't locate a compiler option which generates this.
> > Anybody know of one?  Thx, Rich.

Wed, 03 Aug 2005 08:26:25 GMT
 OS/390 COBOL copybook cross reference
Rich,

The COBOL compiler, by itself, does not provide a copy member
cross-reference.

Serena Software's ChangeMan ZMF COBOL compile process has a program, called
SERCOPY, which expands the copy members used in a program and provides the
data set and PDF statistics for each component.

That's about the only program product I know of that does so.

Larry Kahm
Heliotropic Systems, Inc.

Quote:
> I'm working with COBOL for OS/390 & VM v2.1.1 and seeking a cross
> reference, in the compile listing, of copybooks and which lib they
> came from.  I can't locate a compiler option which generates this.
> Anybody know of one?  Thx, Rich.

Sat, 06 Aug 2005 05:44:45 GMT
 OS/390 COBOL copybook cross reference
ADPACOPY, which is used by the CA-TELON compile procedure, also provides
this information

Quote:
> Rich,

> The COBOL compiler, by itself, does not provide a copy member
> cross-reference.

> Serena Software's ChangeMan ZMF COBOL compile process has a program,
called
> SERCOPY, which expands the copy members used in a program and provides the
> data set and PDF statistics for each component.

> That's about the only program product I know of that does so.

> Larry Kahm
> Heliotropic Systems, Inc.

> > I'm working with COBOL for OS/390 & VM v2.1.1 and seeking a cross
> > reference, in the compile listing, of copybooks and which lib they
> > came from.  I can't locate a compiler option which generates this.
> > Anybody know of one?  Thx, Rich.

Sat, 06 Aug 2005 21:55:33 GMT

1. Cobol OS/390 to C OS/390 V2R6

2. OS/390 release test periods Re: default variable initialization under os/390 v2r8

3. Cobol 390 2.2 and Cobol Z/Os 3.1

4. Calling a non-COBOL program from a COBOL program on OS/390

5. IBM - OS/390 Reference Material - FYI

6. In search of a PL/I - COBOL for OS/390 comparison

7. In search of a PL/I - COBOL for OS/390 comparison

8. In search of a PL/I - COBOL for OS/390 comparison

9. COBOL, JCL and OS/390

10. COBOL, JCL AND OS/390

11. Paragraph Recursion with IBM Cobol for OS/390?

12. COBOL for OS/390 Side File allocation/DDname