MF-COBOL and DLL's: Call shows strange errors
Author Message
 MF-COBOL and DLL's: Call shows strange errors

Hi *.*!

I use NT4/SP3 and MF-Cobol 4.00.32
I have a DLL, and call it with:
CALL "L00C002".
When I use the DLL in a C program, it works pretty fine, but COBOL
raises a pretty strange Error-Message DIRECTLY after the CALL Statement:
It opens a MessageBox and says:

ERROR!
Call failed:(not readable characters)
Errorcode:2

I do not know where I can read something about this errorcode, nor do I
know why it is raised. I call another DLL from the COBOL-Program, it is
no problem. In fact this call is the second call, and it is located
DIRECTLY after the 1st:
This 2 statements are the very first statements in the entire program.

      *----------------------------------------------------------------

        S-INIT-GUI SECTION.
      *----------------------------------------------------------------

        INIT-GUI.

           CALL "cob2c".
           CALL "L00C002".

After the error-window has been clicked away, the program continues
pretty fine. All calls to functions in the DLL are working fine!
Except one thing: when the program stops, the DLL claims to be dropped
back to the system 2 times, instead of 1 time. Really strange!!
Does somebody have a hint?

Thanks a lot!

Bye!
Roland.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.*-*-*.com/

Tue, 19 Feb 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. MF-Cobol throws strange error

2. Calling MF COBOL-DLL from VB

3. Calling C++ DLL from MF COBOL

4. REXX calling MF Cobol DLLs problem

5. Calling Win32 DLL Functions from MF COBOL

6. calling a MF COBOL .dll (ver 3.2.50) from VB5

7. MFCobol GPFs on call to cobol DLL

8. 32-bit MF COBOL DLL calling from VB4

9. VB5 Strange Behaviour When Calling Cobol DLL

10. MF Animate - calling DLL's

11. Static linking error MF Cobol WIN95 API calls

12. How to compile and link to C-DLL out of COBOL-DLL (MF)