MFCOBOL windows programming
Author Message
 MFCOBOL windows programming

Hello All,

        I was just wondering if it is possible to write WINDOWS programs with a
MicroFocus 4.5 compiler ... And if so, how do you do it ???

        thnx ...

Thu, 11 Nov 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 MFCOBOL windows programming

Quote:
>Hello All,

>    I was just wondering if it is possible to write WINDOWS programs with a
>MicroFocus 4.5 compiler ... And if so, how do you do it ???

>    thnx ...

Check Flexus International. They have a GUI interface to Micro Focus.
They are at  www.flexus.com

Tony M. Mina

Thu, 11 Nov 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 MFCOBOL windows programming

Quote:

>  I was just wondering if it is possible to write WINDOWS programs with a
> MicroFocus 4.5 compiler ... And if so, how do you do it ???

Is there really a MicroFocus 4.5 ?

I wonder if you mean MicroSoft 4.5 which was a rebadged version of
MicroFocus 2.5.

If this is MS 4.5 then see Part 2 of the Advanced Topics and
Utilities Reference manual.

Thu, 11 Nov 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 MFCOBOL windows programming

Why yes.  You have, basically 3 options.

The hardest will be to directly communicate with the Windows API, you will
need the documentation at least from the Windows SDK.

The second hardest method would be to use Micro Focus's Dialog System
product.

The easiest way would be to utilize COBOL SP II from Flexus.
http://www.flexus.com.

I have, and continue to have to use all 3.  The first for some
communications programming I am doing, the second at my "real" job where
they refused to even seriously consider anything non microfocus, and the
third in my consulting business, where I develop custom business
applications using COBOL and SP2.  I am, by far, most productive with SP2,
even though I spend more time working in Dialog System.

Quote:
> Hello All,

>    I was just wondering if it is possible to write WINDOWS programs with a
> MicroFocus 4.5 compiler ... And if so, how do you do it ???

>    thnx ...

Fri, 12 Nov 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 MFCOBOL windows programming

Also, Check out http://www.netron.com.  They have a great front end to
COBOL.  It uses the API's, which are already in libraries so you don't have
to know the API's, but it shows you exactly what is going on.  Dialog
System hides you too much from the real stuff.  Netron makes it all
available, as well, as very easy to use.  I have be using it for 6 years
now, and have developed 5 systems, the run under Windows 3.X, 95 and nt as
well OS/2.  Check them out

.

Quote:
>Why yes.  You have, basically 3 options.

>The hardest will be to directly communicate with the Windows API, you
will
>need the documentation at least from the Windows SDK.

>The second hardest method would be to use Micro Focus's Dialog System
>product.

>The easiest way would be to utilize COBOL SP II from Flexus.
>http://www.flexus.com.

>I have, and continue to have to use all 3.  The first for some
>communications programming I am doing, the second at my "real" job where
>they refused to even seriously consider anything non microfocus, and the
>third in my consulting business, where I develop custom business
>applications using COBOL and SP2.  I am, by far, most productive with
SP2,
>even though I spend more time working in Dialog System.

>> Hello All,

>> I was just wondering if it is possible to write WINDOWS programs with a
>> MicroFocus 4.5 compiler ... And if so, how do you do it ???

>> thnx ...

Sun, 14 Nov 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 MFCOBOL windows programming

Quote:

> >Hello All,

> >       I was just wondering if it is possible to write WINDOWS programs with a
> >MicroFocus 4.5 compiler ... And if so, how do you do it ???

> >       thnx ...

> Check Flexus International. They have a GUI interface to Micro Focus.
> They are at  www.flexus.com

> Tony M. Mina

 Also look at www.esiusa.com - follow Windows link.

Jim

--

Posted using Reference.COM                         http://www.reference.com

InReference, Inc. accepts no responsibility for the content of this posting.

Wed, 17 Nov 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 MFCOBOL windows programming

Quote:
> Why yes.  You have, basically 3 options.

> The hardest will be to directly communicate with the Windows API, you will
> need the documentation at least from the Windows SDK.

> The second hardest method would be to use Micro Focus's Dialog System
> product.

> The easiest way would be to utilize COBOL SP II from Flexus.
> http://www.flexus.com.

> I have, and continue to have to use all 3.  The first for some
> communications programming I am doing, the second at my "real" job where
> they refused to even seriously consider anything non microfocus, and the
> third in my consulting business, where I develop custom business
> applications using COBOL and SP2.  I am, by far, most productive with SP2,
> even though I spend more time working in Dialog System.

> > Hello All,

> >       I was just wondering if it is possible to write WINDOWS programs with a
> > MicroFocus 4.5 compiler ... And if so, how do you do it ???

> >       thnx ...

If you want to see real productivity gains creating WIndows applications with Micro Focus COBOL then look at www.esiusa.com - follow the Windows link.

Jim

--

Posted using Reference.COM                         http://www.reference.com

InReference, Inc. accepts no responsibility for the content of this posting.

Wed, 17 Nov 1999 03:00:00 GMT

1. Unable to compile DB2/MFCobol program - sqlgstart gives 173 error

2. MFCOBOL + SP2 + Windows 2000 = !@$#@!?

3. Can MFCobol run on ttwo Windows (% Workstations?

4. Windows program call DOS program

5. comm ports/shell out from DOS program to execute Windows program

6. Start of a windows-program out of a COBOL-program / file-encoding

7. adding program to windows 'programs' menu

8. Newbie ? - Starting Windows program/Sending text to window

9. is tcl programs running on windows 2000 professional and windows xp gives diff results

10. interfacing mfcobol isam to PERL

11. MFCobol Client-Server

12. MFCOBOL ADIS, detecting when keys are pressed