Two Open Source Cobol-Projects ...
Author Message
 Two Open Source Cobol-Projects ...

2000-07-17 13:43:13 MESZ

... have come to my attention, but both
of them restrict themself to the
implementation of Cobol-85. Sadly
no OO-Cobol.

A life OpenSource-OO-Cobol-project would
make technical discussions easier because
otherwise, there is always the threat
that one talks about probrietary
Information. And the ongoing discussion
about software-patents does not make
life easier.

A lost chance, maybe: Parallel to the
ongoing standardization activities, one
could develope an
OpenSource-"defining-compiler", which
shows the implementability (?) of all
language features, and which is, as an
OpenSource Project, free to all.

Just loud thinking
Herwig Huener

--

These are the two projects, for those who
did not yet know (Certainly they have

http://www.*-*-*.com/

http://www.*-*-*.com/

Fri, 03 Jan 2003 03:00:00 GMT
 Two Open Source Cobol-Projects ...
On Mon, 17 Jul 2000 14:09:34 +0200, Herwig Huener

Quote:

>2000-07-17 13:43:13 MESZ

>... have come to my attention, but both
>of them restrict themself to the
>implementation of Cobol-85. Sadly
>no OO-Cobol.

There is no fixed standard for OO COBOL and if I have any say at all,
the present standard will be revised to perhaps a large degree before
release -- at least in the OO Area.

The problems are not really syntactical, but there are problems with
the current definition.  This is so quickly changing that I would not
like to see the open source groups chasing the standard.  Let's get it
approved, CORRECTLY, and then let them tackle it.
---
Try a better search engine:  http://www.google.com
My personal web site: http://www.geocities.com/Eureka/2006/

Fri, 03 Jan 2003 03:00:00 GMT

1. Source-Navigator is now an open source project!

2. Open-Source projects & User groups

3. open-source project to make a space combat/trading game

4. Angelica Smalltalk C and ASM open source projects

5. open source Actor project ?

6. Open Source Ansii Smalltalk Fun Project Idea

7. An open source Health project

8. Announcement: SARITH open-source project

9. open source projects, sponsoring

10. Open source project LadderMill

11. Crusader Open-Source Project

12. I'd Like to Contribute to an Open Source Project