Problems with Cobol-Sort under Microfocus Object Cobol 4.0.38 for NT
Author Message
 Problems with Cobol-Sort under Microfocus Object Cobol 4.0.38 for NT

Hi,

I got a problem using  Cobol-Sort on files bigger than 1Mb: The file
is not sorted!

Can anyone help?

Thanks in advance,
                        Eric FELTZ

Tue, 29 Oct 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Problems with Cobol-Sort under Microfocus Object Cobol 4.0.38 for NT
Eric,

This is a documented limit of the 4.0 product. Check the Programmer's Guide
to File Handling, Chapter 33 for confirmation.

Quote:
> Hi,

> I got a problem using  Cobol-Sort on files bigger than 1Mb: The file
> is not sorted!

> Can anyone help?

> Thanks in advance,
> Eric FELTZ

Tue, 29 Oct 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Problems with Cobol-Sort under Microfocus Object Cobol 4.0.38 for NT
And what Gael didn't mention is that there are several "more recent" products
than the 4.0 one.

--
Bill Klein
    wmklein <at> ix dot netcom dot com

Quote:
> Eric,

> This is a documented limit of the 4.0 product. Check the Programmer's Guide
> to File Handling, Chapter 33 for confirmation.

> > Hi,

> > I got a problem using  Cobol-Sort on files bigger than 1Mb: The file
> > is not sorted!

> > Can anyone help?

> > Thanks in advance,
> > Eric FELTZ

Tue, 29 Oct 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Problems with Cobol-Sort under Microfocus Object Cobol 4.0.38 for NT

Quote:

> Hi,

> I got a problem using  Cobol-Sort on files bigger than 1Mb: The file
> is not sorted!

Is this on Unix ?

It may be a limit in your Cobol system or it may be that you Unix logon
may restrict file size to a default of 2 MBytes each and some
intermediate sort file requires more than that 2Mb limit.

There is a Unix command to raise the max file size limit for the user
but I can't remebeer it off hand.

Wed, 30 Oct 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Problems with Cobol-Sort under Microfocus Object Cobol 4.0.38 for NT
    He said "M", not "G".

Quote:

> > Hi,

> > I got a problem using  Cobol-Sort on files bigger than 1Mb:
The file
> > is not sorted!

> Is this on Unix ?

> It may be a limit in your Cobol system or it may be that you
Unix logon
> may restrict file size to a default of 2 MBytes each and some
> intermediate sort file requires more than that 2Mb limit.

> There is a Unix command to raise the max file size limit for
the user
> but I can't remebeer it off hand.

Wed, 30 Oct 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. Help with Microfocus personal cobol and Microfocus Level II cobol

2. Microfocus NetExpress COBOL Program and Distributed CICS on Windows NT File Access Security Problems

3. Problem with Microfocus Cobol and Windows NT

4. 98/38 errors on RM/Cobol-85 Indexed datafiles

5. sort in microfocus cobol, divide by zero error

6. Question: Microfocus Cobol Sort Error - Unix

7. Microfocus Cobol Migration to IBM Cobol for AIX

8. help tiny-cobol compatablities with Microfocus personal Cobol

9. MicroFocus COBOL vs. Mainframe COBOL II

10. compatibility beetwen microfocus cobol 2.0 and RM cobol with "linux 3.0

11. Calling Cobol from C (Microfocus Cobol)

12. Pro*Cobol for Windows 3.1 and Microfocus Cobol