Info on Focus Programming????
Author Message
 Info on Focus Programming????

I am a Cobol/CICS Sytems Analyst for a major insurance company.  I am
currently in great need of some information on FOCUS programming.  I am
relatively new at my job and no one in the company seems to have any good
info on the topic.  I support the systems which deal with life claims and
annuities.  Many of the reports which come come out of our nightly batch
jobs are produced by Focus.
I would appreciate any direction any one could give on locating some good
documentation.(I've already tried several book stores).

Thanls--

Paul

Tue, 26 Jan 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 Info on Focus Programming????

Information Builders, Inc (NYC) publishes manuals on their propritary
system (FOCUS).  I have never seen any third party books on the system,
but they may exist.

In the past, my difficulty with IBI's documentation was that it tended to
be a "How To" book, and not a "reference" book.

This was great till the #$%^ thing did not do what the user wanted, then
they showed up on my door and it was frequently quite difficult to figure
out what the code should actually do.

Rex Widmer
Builder of software archeology tools and other strange programs to help
survive in a legacy based world.

Thu, 28 Jan 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 Info on Focus Programming????

ll

Mon, 01 Feb 1999 03:00:00 GMT

1. FOCUS programming language

2. micro focus cobol cgi program with apache on HPUX

3. FOCUS programming telecomputing

4. Calling Cobol Functions from C programs. Micro Focus:

5. Micro Focus or Realia COBOL accounting programs

6. Micro Focus: A Better Way of Programming ?

7. Micro Focus Threads programming

8. getting a tcl program to always grab focus?

9. key focus/focus&precision

10. Micro Focus 2.4.38 EXTFH and Micro Focus 3.1.35 compiler

11. Getting X focus when getting Tk focus

12. Restoring focus after destroying current focus window