CICS/NT and SFS files in "batch"
Author Message
 CICS/NT and SFS files in "batch"

Has anyone any idea of how I can access my "VSAM" files in SFS from
"batch" programs.
The Files are created in CICS/NT (TS 4.0), and my programs are written
in Micro Focus Object COBOL (but original they are COBOL II mainframe
programs)

Niels Chr. Madsen
MemoBase Team

Sun, 18 Mar 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 CICS/NT and SFS files in "batch"

Quote:

> Has anyone any idea of how I can access my "VSAM" files in SFS from
> "batch" programs.
> The Files are created in CICS/NT (TS 4.0), and my programs are written
> in Micro Focus Object COBOL (but original they are COBOL II mainframe
> programs)

> Niels Chr. Madsen
> MemoBase Team

There is a section in the Application Programming Guide (1) entitled
"Updating files from non-CICS applications", this explains how to use
the SFS external file handler.

Philip Morten

(1)     Transaction Server for Windows NT
        Application Programming Guide (CICS)
        Version 4
        Document Number SC33-1888-01

Fri, 23 Mar 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. "Local" Batch Files

2. launch an application in "batch" mode

3. "Batch" CW2003 Reports

4. string.join(["Tk 4.2p2", "Python 1.4", "Win32", "free"], "for")

6. file join c: "program files"

7. Parsing ""D""?

8. "Fifth", "Forth", zai nar?

9. Ruby "finalize", "__del__"

10. beginners "let"/"random" question

11. Using a Module in CICS and Batch with File I/O

12. ANNOUNCE: new "plus"- and "dash"-patches available for Tcl7.5a2/Tk4.1a2