Calling Cobol from C (Microfocus Cobol)
Author Message
 Calling Cobol from C (Microfocus Cobol)

I have a client who needs to know how to call a MicroFocus program
from within C.  Are there examples out there explaining how this is
done?  Thank you.

Sat, 25 Jul 1998 03:00:00 GMT
 Calling Cobol from C (Microfocus Cobol)

Quote:

> I have a client who needs to know how to call a MicroFocus program
> from within C.  Are there examples out there explaining how this is
> done?  Thank you.

It depends what OS and version of COBOL and C compilers you are using. For
example, on Unix it's seamless (looks just like you're calling another C
function), but with a 16-bit product on DOS, it will most probably depend on
the specifics of the C compiler you're using (call conventions and the like).

Can you give more information please ?

Cheers, Kev.
--

These views are strictly my own.
I doubt very much that anyone else would want them.

Sun, 26 Jul 1998 03:00:00 GMT

Try http://www.mfltd.co.uk/~mw/cobol_c/cobol_c.html

--

Sun, 26 Jul 1998 03:00:00 GMT

1. Help with Microfocus personal cobol and Microfocus Level II cobol

2. Microfocus Cobol Migration to IBM Cobol for AIX

3. help tiny-cobol compatablities with Microfocus personal Cobol

4. MicroFocus COBOL vs. Mainframe COBOL II

5. compatibility beetwen microfocus cobol 2.0 and RM cobol with "linux 3.0

6. Pro*Cobol for Windows 3.1 and Microfocus Cobol

7. Problems with Cobol-Sort under Microfocus Object Cobol 4.0.38 for NT

8. sample makefile to compile Microfocus COBOL and Pro*Cobol programs

9. Microfocus COBOL/COBOL - Washington DC area - 2 positions

10. *****US-CHICAGO Microfocus COBOL, XBDB, DB2, COBOL II (RECRUITER)

11. COBOL calling C calling COBOL

12. COBOL calling C calling COBOL