Question about RM/COBOL and PL/COBOL compatibility.
Author Message
 Question about RM/COBOL and PL/COBOL compatibility.

Hi,

Does anyone know if it is possible for an application, developed under
RM/COBOL, to manipulate files created by another application that was
developed under PL/COBOL, and vice versa?

My problem is that I need to read and write to/from files (relative
files) created under PL/COBOL from an application being developed under
RM/COBOL. Is this possible, without any major conflict with the existent
PL/COBOL application?

Thank You.

Ricardo Santos.
Hospital Pedro Hispano, Portugal.

Fri, 21 Apr 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 Question about RM/COBOL and PL/COBOL compatibility.

Quote:

> Hi,

> Does anyone know if it is possible for an application, developed under
> RM/COBOL, to manipulate files created by another application that was
> developed under PL/COBOL, and vice versa?

> My problem is that I need to read and write to/from files (relative
> files) created under PL/COBOL from an application being developed
> under
> RM/COBOL. Is this possible, without any major conflict with the
> existent
> PL/COBOL application?

> Thank You.

> Ricardo Santos.
> Hospital Pedro Hispano, Portugal.

I know a great deal about RM/COBOL, but nothing about PL/COBOL.  What is
PL/COBOL?  What is the format of relative files under PL/COBOL?  Reading
them should be possible.  Writing PL/COBOL relative files is less
likely.

--

Liant Software Corporation   http://www.liant.com/
512-343-1010  FAX:512-343-9487

Fri, 21 Apr 2000 03:00:00 GMT

1. compatibility beetwen microfocus cobol 2.0 and RM cobol with "linux 3.0

2. QUESTIONS/POSTS about AcuCOBOL, RM/COBOL, Mbp, or whichever COBOL

3. How compatible are RM Cobol and MF Cobol.

4. Old RM-COBOL UNIX programmer seeking info on move to COBOL/400 on AS/400

5. RM/COBOL & Cobol-WOW HOSTING

6. Cobol-CGI and RM Cobol

7. First Semester problrm: simple cobol rm cobol / 85 problem with subprograms

8. MS-COBOL and RM-COBOL to Windows

9. Cobol-WOW and RM/COBOL

10. Cobol Compiler: RM-Cobol for UNIX needed.

11. RM/Cobol 85 v.6.5 applications developed with RM/Panels running under W95

12. Problem with RM/COBOL, RM+DB & telnet