Corrupt data file
Author Message
 Corrupt data file

Can anyone recommend a utility to repair a damaged Micro Focus data file?
many thanks!

SSamuel

Mon, 24 Jul 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 Corrupt data file

Quote:

>Can anyone recommend a utility to repair a damaged Micro Focus data file?
>many thanks!

That depends on the Operating System you are working under and how it is
damaged... details, please?

DD

Mon, 24 Jul 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 Corrupt data file

Quote:
>Can anyone recommend a utility to repair a damaged Micro Focus data file?
>many thanks!

        Try PDT (the Pro~Formance Data Tool), available from
www.Pro-Central.Com.   Look for the DOS software category, read the
description of PDT, then download the evaluation copy.  Or try this
link from your browser or newsreader:

        ftp://ftp.pro-central.com/pdt-dos.zip

        With PDT (DOS) you can view, edit, figure out, and repair/salvage
virtually **any** file -- up to 2 gigabytes (PDT-Windows, when
completed, will handle **much larger** files).  Note that the current
evaluation copy is version 3.2c.  The latest version (3.5) now
supports many numeric fields in cobol files.

............. <rob>

NOTE:  If "~NS~" (no-spam) appears in the E-Mail address, REMOVE IT before responding via E-Mail.

Mon, 24 Jul 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 Corrupt data file

Or you could just use 'rebuild', which hocus pocus give you, I've never
found it not to work.  I've also found a useful source of these little gems
of wisdom is to read the manual. |-|

Quote:

> >Can anyone recommend a utility to repair a damaged Micro Focus data
file?
> >many thanks!

>    Try PDT (the Pro~Formance Data Tool), available from
> www.Pro-Central.Com.   Look for the DOS software category, read the
> description of PDT, then download the evaluation copy.  Or try this
> link from your browser or newsreader:

>    ftp://ftp.pro-central.com/pdt-dos.zip

>    With PDT (DOS) you can view, edit, figure out, and repair/salvage
> virtually **any** file -- up to 2 gigabytes (PDT-Windows, when
> completed, will handle **much larger** files).  Note that the current
> evaluation copy is version 3.2c.  The latest version (3.5) now
> supports many numeric fields in cobol files.

> ............. <rob>

> NOTE:  If "~NS~" (no-spam) appears in the E-Mail address, REMOVE IT

before responding via E-Mail.

Tue, 25 Jul 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 Corrupt data file

: Can anyone recommend a utility to repair a damaged Micro Focus data file?
: many thanks!

If you are talking about MFC indexed files, go to csisoft and download
the MFC ISAMATION package.  It performs a very fast, in place rebuild
of ISAMs.

                                        Glen Johnson

Tue, 25 Jul 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 Corrupt data file

Have you tried the "Rebuild" command?

Quote:

>Can anyone recommend a utility to repair a damaged Micro Focus data file?
>many thanks!

>SSamuel

Sun, 30 Jul 2000 03:00:00 GMT

1. Corrupted Data files

2. Dbase4 Corrupt data files

3. Corrupt data files

4. CGI problem: corrupt data files

5. Topspeed data base file corrupt

6. Restore data from corrupted IBM COBOL/2 File

7. Tk 8.2 send of binary data to Tk 7.6 application corrupts data

8. Incorrect File Driver or corrupted file !

9. Error (516):Incorrect File Driver or Corrupt File

10. Incorrect File Driver or corrupted file

11. PHP file uploads corrupts my files

12. Read VFP data files into Clipper data files