What is needed to run executable MF Cobol on RS6000
Author Message
 What is needed to run executable MF Cobol on RS6000

Hi everyone,

When having compiled/linked an MF Cobol application on a RS6000/AIX which uses
nothing but static SQL (to DB2/6000) and some 'DISPLAY's the application works
fine. But when copying only the executable to another RS6000 it doesn't run anymore
because of some missing functions. How can I find out which MF Cobol libraries I have
to include with the package ?

Regards,

Simon
Devote Data Management

Wed, 18 Feb 1998 03:00:00 GMT
 What is needed to run executable MF Cobol on RS6000
You should have a list of modules in your "Getting Started"
documentation that talks about what is required and what can be
distributed for free.

My guess is that you are using a Micro Focus-extension type of
DISPLAY and not a "simple" ANSI display. This probably means that
you will need to have some of the ADIS... modules availabe at
runtime.

If you can't find the documentation or still don't understand
what is required/when, please feel free to send me an email note,
and I can get additional information/help for you.

Thu, 19 Feb 1998 03:00:00 GMT

1. Creating an Executable Module in MF Cobol Workbench 4.0

2. Info/Advice needed on IBM Cobol 2 to MF Unix Cobol conversion

3. Can MF cobol run on linux with ABI?

4. HELP-MF cobol run-time error 163

5. Is MF COBOL unable to run large applications?

6. Printing run reports with MF Cobol

7. Problem Running MF Cobol Sample Program

8. Run Time Error handling In MF COBOL

9. Help Printing run reports with MF Cobol

10. run time switches in MF cobol

11. Need help with executables compiled on AIX 4.3 but being run on AIX 3.2

12. Mf Cobol /net Express 3.1 Gurus... Help Needed