MF Cobol 4.0 EXE file size
Author Message
 MF Cobol 4.0 EXE file size

All,

I have a program that uses some of the MF Cobol byte_stream_file
subroutines and nothing else. When I compile and link the program under
MF 3.2 using lcobol+os2286, it produces an .EXE file of about 35K. When
I compile and link under MF 4.0, using CBLLINK with the -T option the
resulting .EXE file is 355K; 300K bytes larger.  I believe the
difference is due to large Working-Storage areas being included in the
EXE file under 4.0 and being dynamically acquired at run time in the MF
3.2 version since Working-Storage is about 300K.  I have looked
everywhere and cannot find what controls this. Can anyone give me some
help? I'd like to get a 35k (or so) EXE file back again.

Thanks.

Wed, 09 Dec 1998 03:00:00 GMT

1. MF Cobol 4.0 EXE file sizes

2. screen size and attributes of MF cobol 4.0

3. MicroFocus 4.0 .EXE file size

4. MF COBOL EXE Files

5. How can I know the .EXE file name, file date, file size

6. MS/MF Cobol 16bit and Windows NT 4.0

7. Debugging MF-COBOL 4.0

8. linking in version 4.0 mf cobol

9. Creating an Executable Module in MF Cobol Workbench 4.0

10. MF NetExpress and Personal Cobol on Same NT 4.0 System

11. Disappointed with MF COBOL 4.0

12. Powerbuilder 6.5 calling MF Cobol 4.0