Need Urgent help for CICS.
Author Message
 Need Urgent help for CICS.

I have a phone interview coming up later today, for a contract.

I just realized how out of date my CICS, so would greatly appreciate it if
someone could give me the 50cent scoop. I'm on an MVS platform.

Q. Going through my reference on CICS, I've not seen anything on BATCH CICS.
I am experienced  on batch IMS, but haven't clue about batch CICS.

Q. How does checkpointing & extended checkpoint/restart in CICS differ from
IMS?

Hope someone can help, and I apologize for being such short notice. I am
only looking for 1-3 sentence answers, as I couldn't carry off anything more
elaborate. I'm simply trying to make my CICS from 8 years ago sound recent.

THANKS.

Mon, 05 Apr 2004 01:05:14 GMT
 Need Urgent help for CICS.
Never mind folks - I got through the interview without even being asked
about CICS !!!

Quote:
> I have a phone interview coming up later today, for a contract.

> I just realized how out of date my CICS, so would greatly appreciate it if
> someone could give me the 50cent scoop. I'm on an MVS platform.

> Q. Going through my reference on CICS, I've not seen anything on BATCH
CICS.
> I am experienced  on batch IMS, but haven't clue about batch CICS.

> Q. How does checkpointing & extended checkpoint/restart in CICS differ
from
> IMS?

> Hope someone can help, and I apologize for being such short notice. I am
> only looking for 1-3 sentence answers, as I couldn't carry off anything
more
> elaborate. I'm simply trying to make my CICS from 8 years ago sound
recent.

> THANKS.

Mon, 05 Apr 2004 05:58:55 GMT

1. CICS - - UK -- Urgent help needed

2. URGENT-help needed-URGENT

3. JOBS:Dallas:Urgent need for COBOL/CICS/DB2 experience

4. MA*** COBOL / CICS Programmer/Analysts*** Perm. URGENT NEED

5. Need Example CICS/REXX doing CICS LINK with COMMAREA to non-REXX PGM

6. US-MD Need help with CICS DB2 DB/2

7. US-MD Need help with CICS DB2 DB/2

8. US-MD Need help with CICS DB2 DB/2

9. US-MD Need help with CICS DB2 DB/2