OT: to "The Programmer"
Author Message
 OT: to "The Programmer"

(I would have sent this via private email, but no valid email address seems
to be available for "The Programmer")

Did you REALLY have to add 4 more newsgroups to the thread about "Xtians"?
It was bad enough that this was taking up the time and effort of those
looking at "comp.lang.cobol" - but now we are going to be stuck with
multiple cross-postings of replies.

As usual, I am not questioning your right to post such things, or even to
cross-post them, but did you REALLY want that thread to cause us to get
flooded with replies from all those newsgroups? and if you didn't why did
you add all those other newsgroups?

--
+ +
+   Bill Klein -

Thu, 21 Sep 2000 04:00:00 GMT
 OT: to "The Programmer"

I didn't... or, at least, I didn't mean to... I'm sure I just sent my
response to 'alt.cobol' and 'comp.lang.cobol'... you sure you read my
response??

As for my falsified reply: been spammed one too many times to be bothered
receiving unsolicited flames, ads, whatever... but, if you really want to
know, it's thevaxer-at-sign-{*filter*}dude-dot-com... :)

--
The Programmer Has Spoken -- SO THERE!

Quote:

>(I would have sent this via private email, but no valid email address seems
>to be available for "The Programmer")

>Did you REALLY have to add 4 more newsgroups to the thread about "Xtians"?
>It was bad enough that this was taking up the time and effort of those
>looking at "comp.lang.cobol" - but now we are going to be stuck with
>multiple cross-postings of replies.

>As usual, I am not questioning your right to post such things, or even to
>cross-post them, but did you REALLY want that thread to cause us to get
>flooded with replies from all those newsgroups? and if you didn't why did
>you add all those other newsgroups?

>--
>+ +
>+   Bill Klein -
>         "C" is a nice letter to START the name of your programming
language
>with
>      but I wouldn't want to end up there.

Fri, 22 Sep 2000 03:00:00 GMT

2. OT: "Experts in small talk"

3. "Intelligent reply, please" (OT)

4. OT: Meaning of the word "free"

5. OT: Meaning of the word "free"

6. OT - "ONE" and grammar

7. OT - Sorry for "re-posts"

8. OT - PCL in Cobol-"WRITE"-Statement

9. OT - but interesting (for "database people"

10. OT: "Pirates of Silicon Valley" movie

11. OT: "Humor"

12. OT - IBM "Updates"