NLS and Fujitsu Cobol V3
Author Message
 NLS and Fujitsu Cobol V3

Paul Schmitteck schrieb:

Quote:
> Hello,

> we have trouble with the Fujitsu Cobol Editor and NLS. The editor
> isnt able
> to accept german umlaut.  Is there an other editor which support also
> NLS?

> TIA!
> Paul

Yes, that's true!! (in vers. 4.0 also!)

Try large Umlaute (??), they will work...

Fri, 02 Mar 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 NLS and Fujitsu Cobol V3
Hello,

we have trouble with the Fujitsu Cobol Editor and NLS. The editor isnt able
to accept german umlaut.  Is there an other editor which support also NLS?

TIA!
Paul

Fri, 02 Mar 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 NLS and Fujitsu Cobol V3

Quote:

>Hello,

>we have trouble with the Fujitsu Cobol Editor and NLS. The editor isnt
able
>to accept german umlaut.  Is there an other editor which support also NLS?

Hell, it doesn't support *Cobol*!  First editor I ever saw that cannot
search for any word with a dash in it.

Sat, 03 Mar 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 NLS and Fujitsu Cobol V3

Quote:

> >Hello,

> >we have trouble with the Fujitsu Cobol Editor and NLS. The editor isnt
> able
> >to accept german umlaut.  Is there an other editor which support also NLS?

> Hell, it doesn't support *Cobol*!  First editor I ever saw that cannot
> search for any word with a dash in it.

Put quotes around the word.  That works in version 3.  I had hoped
that was "fixed" in version 4.  Is it?

There is one thing I REALLY like about the Fujitsu editor - BOX MODE!
Good stuff.

Sun, 04 Mar 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 NLS and Fujitsu Cobol V3

Quote:

>> Hell, it doesn't support *Cobol*!  First editor I ever saw that cannot
>> search for any word with a dash in it.
>Put quotes around the word.  That works in version 3.  I had hoped
>that was "fixed" in version 4.  Is it?
>There is one thing I REALLY like about the Fujitsu editor - BOX MODE!
>Good stuff.

Nope.  The damned thing is also case sensitive with no way of turning
case sensitivity off.  I'll try the quotes and get back on that.  I would
switch
to another editor in a millisecond, but I would lose the ability to grab
attributes
by highlighting a component and right clicking ... beats the hell out of
trying
to read online manuals.  They should do the same thing for all of the
language
and s{*filter*}the manuals altogether - just have the editor indirect into a
hyperlink
table, and then cut and paste back.  Maybe Version 5.0.  BTW, If Fujitsu is
reading this (and I know they do), *everything* in a manual should have an
example that can be cut and pasted into a first time program for that
feature.

The other thing that would be lost is the jump from error message to
line in program.  That is the biggest thing that is wrong with the
integrated
environment ... it gives you some wonderful features, but then loads you
down with basically weak development tools.

Sun, 04 Mar 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 NLS and Fujitsu Cobol V3
Thane Hubbell schrieb:

-snip-

Quote:
> There is one thing I REALLY like about the Fujitsu editor - BOX MODE!
> Good stuff.

   Yes, i've missed it in many editor's before (TP/BP from Borland etc.)

Only aviable in JDL/JCL B editor (a TI-clone in the early '80th)

AS

Sun, 04 Mar 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. I need F3BHOPAS for Fujitsu's COBOL V3

2. Fujitsu COBOL v3.1

3. Fujitsu cobol V3

4. URGENT! Linking error in Fujitsu COBOL V3

5. entry point not defined error when linking in fujitsu cobol v3

6. Fujitsu COBOL v3 spacing

7. fujitsu cobol v3

8. COBOL CGI programs w/Fujitsu v3 Starter

9. Help with linking on Fujitsu Cobol V3

10. Changing Printers with Fujitsu COBOL V3

11. fujitsu cobol v3.0

12. Using Fujitsu COBOL V3 on Sun Solaris together with a C main program