Reverse compiling COBOL code
Author Message
 Reverse compiling COBOL code

Quote:

> Does anyone out there have information on tools to reverse compile code
> where the source is no longer available? The original source was written
> in COBOL or COBOLII. Any info would be greatly appreciated.

I don't know of such a tool, but I'm cross-posting this to

--

L  |/

v  | \  1-818-985-3259                       Please reply without spam
e    |\
Y    |/ Panic in the Year Zero Zero:   http://www.*-*-*.com/
o    |\
u    |/ Have you solved http://www.*-*-*.com/

Tue, 11 Jul 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 Reverse compiling COBOL code

Yes, there is at least one company out there that reverse engineers OS/VS
COBOL code.  (You don't say that you are MVS or VSE. I am assuming MVS, if
you are VSE and DOS/VS COBOL, I am not certain.) I can't remember its name
at the moment.  I think they may actually be mentioned in some of the IBM
Migration publications.  If not, it was in a book that I wrote called
"OldBOL to NewBOL, A COBOL Migration Tutorial".  I'll find a copy and look
it up if no one else posts their name sooner.

Quote:

>> Does anyone out there have information on tools to reverse compile code
>> where the source is no longer available? The original source was written
>> in COBOL or COBOLII. Any info would be greatly appreciated.

>I don't know of such a tool, but I'm cross-posting this to

>--

>L  |/

>v  | \  1-818-985-3259                       Please reply without spam
>e    |\
>Y    |/ Panic in the Year Zero Zero:  http://members.aol.com/PanicYr00
>o    |\
>u    |/ Have you solved http://members.aol.com/PanicYr00/Sequence.html

Wed, 12 Jul 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 Reverse compiling COBOL code

Quote:

> > Does anyone out there have information on tools to reverse compile code
> > where the source is no longer available? The original source was written
> > in COBOL or COBOLII. Any info would be greatly appreciated.

> I don't know of such a tool, but I'm cross-posting this to

> --

> L  |/

> v  | \  1-818-985-3259                       Please reply without spam
> e    |\
> Y    |/ Panic in the Year Zero Zero:  http://members.aol.com/PanicYr00
> o    |\
> u    |/ Have you solved http://members.aol.com/PanicYr00/Sequence.html

try the following site. I've used them, they work.
http://www.source-recovery.com/
--
Steve Cooney

http://www.seadp.com

Wed, 12 Jul 2000 03:00:00 GMT

1. How to compile code with reversed slash in include statements

2. COBOL ODBC & COBOL Reverse engineering

3. Valkyrie from CodeWorks or any other reverse compile tools

4. Reverse Compiling

5. Xilinx WebPack 4.2 not compiling code that compiled on 3.3

6. Thoughts on a bytecode and reverse engineering code

7. Ask for Clipper reverse code generator

8. Reverse engineering of Ada code

9. Beta Testers needed for COBOL reverse-engineering system

10. Reverse Engineering Cobol Apps

11. IBM VS COBOL II REVERSE COMPILER

12. Reverse in MF Personal COBOL