Question about debugging
Author Message
 Question about debugging

Hello,

I am triny to debug a Cobol program that I compiled that Fujitsu's
Cobol compiler.  The program compiled fine.   However, it crashes when
I try and run it.......it gives no error messages.

When I try and use Fujitsu's de{*filter*}, I get this message immediately:

'Signal interupt before reaching entry of start program;

What does this mean?

Please help......

Thanks,

Respond via e-mail.

Arthur

Sat, 10 Nov 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Question about debugging

Quote:

>Hello,

>I am triny to debug a Cobol program that I compiled that Fujitsu's
>Cobol compiler.  The program compiled fine.   However, it crashes when
>I try and run it.......it gives no error messages.

>When I try and use Fujitsu's de{*filter*}, I get this message immediately:

>'Signal interupt before reaching entry of start program;

>What does this mean?

>Please help......

>Thanks,

You need to set the TEST compiler option when compiling AND set the
DEBUG link option.

If you did this, it sounds like you found the problem - the program
never starts!  Post the code if you don't mind and we'll have a look
at it.

Sun, 11 Nov 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. Question on debugging in CVF 6.1

2. debugging question f90 with dbx (implementation specific question)

3. Debug/Kill + Debug/Run = RB Crash

4. can someone email me Debug.com not debug.exe

5. Debug/Anti-debug/compression help wanted

6. can someone please send me debug.com and not debug.exe

7. LE, SYM,SEPARATE, and debugging withOUT the debug tool

8. debug Python interpreter work with the debug swig dll

9. Python-2.1 Debug libs zip is missing tcl &tk debug libs

10. Debug won't debug

11. CW debugging question

12. Mr Debug Questions