MF FileShare - Rollback on server crash
Author Message
 MF FileShare - Rollback on server crash

I have been testing MF commit/rollback on unix.  On one test I killed the
FileShare server with a transaction outstanding.

When I looked at the data, the database had been updated.  This leads me to
suppose that MF updates the database on writes and rewrites and replaces the
original data on rollback.  Can anybody confirm this or have I just made a
mistake in my testing?

I can see why this may be done for efficiency as in most cases a transaction
is not rolled back so there is no need for multiple writes, but it seems
wrong to me in transaction processing terms.

Rick

Sun, 26 May 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. Merant (MF) Fileshare Crash Problem

2. ROLLBACK on MF COBOL??

3. MF Fileshare and CCITCP2

4. MF Fileshare - best platform?

5. MF Cobol under SCO Unix with Fileshare

6. MF Fileshare V2 - Unix.

7. HELP WITH MF FILESHARE 2.0

8. MF FileShare on Sinix/Unix

9. MF Fileshare v2 Limits

10. MF Fileshare Version 2 & SCO Internet Faststart

11. Filesharing without Filesharing

12. Fileshare server for Novel