ms win95
Author Message
 ms win95

i'm a cobol programmer like most of you so i figured this is a safe place
to ask: Antbody have experience yet with WIN95? I'll probably wait 6
or so months to try it, cus NT is working just fine. Just thought i'd try
this group simply because it's more of a professional environment than
alt.sex.{*filter*}.gates.win95

Tue, 17 Feb 1998 03:00:00 GMT
 ms win95

Quote:

>i'm a cobol programmer like most of you so i figured this is a safe place
>to ask: Antbody have experience yet with WIN95? I'll probably wait 6
>or so months to try it, cus NT is working just fine. Just thought i'd try
>this group simply because it's more of a professional environment than
>alt.sex.{*filter*}.gates.win95

I have used Win95 since the first beta release in March with all types of DOS
and Win based programs, including Realia COBOL...Have found no problems worth
mentioning, although in Realia you need to be sure the environment variables
are properly set.   Spend the money, bet the stuff, BUT GET THE PLUS DISK FOR
39 BUCKS MORE...GREAT GOODIES
--
=========================
  intelligo ut creddam

Sat, 21 Feb 1998 03:00:00 GMT
 ms win95
We have been using NT Workstation and Advanced Server for
about a year now and are very pleased.  Of course we received
Win95 two weeks ago, and are just evaluating the system, but
have found it to be suprisingly stable.  Our intentions are to
use Win95 as a 32-bit operating system on the computers that
can not run NT.  As new computers, NT capable, are received NT
will be installed on them.  I guess you could say that we plan
on using Win95 as a bridge between WfW 3.11 and NT.

Dan Yates

Sun, 22 Feb 1998 03:00:00 GMT

1. Exception Errors in MS-DOS and WIN95

2. Slow Win95 Network Printing from MS-DOS Programs

3. Modula-2 GUI Tools? (MS-Windows or Win95)

4. Uploading to Simtel.Net's MS-DOS, Win3.x and Win95 collections

5. instead of C++ shouldn't ms have used masm for win95

6. Uploading to Simtel.Net's MS-DOS, Win3.x and Win95 collections

7. Uploading to Simtel.Net's MS-DOS, Win3.x and Win95 collections

8. Uploading to Simtel.Net's MS-DOS, Win3.x and Win95 collections

9. Uploading to Simtel.Net's MS-DOS, Win3.x and Win95 collections

10. HELP NEEDED...MS FORTRAN PowerStation 1.0a on Win95 platform

11. MS Fortran 5.1 and Win95 Problem

12. Another Win95 MS FPS1.0a problem