NetExpress: Icon in title bar / task bar
Author Message
 NetExpress: Icon in title bar / task bar

I created a icon ressource that I link into my exe. In Windows
Explorer the icon is shown but when I start the exe there's the
windows logo in the title bar / taskbar (GUI) or the MicoFocus logo
(textmode).

What do I have to do to see my icon in the title and task bar?

Best regards

Sven

Mon, 15 Jul 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 NetExpress: Icon in title bar / task bar
Sven,
    Are you using Dialog?  If so, pull up the properties for the window.
There should be a button for Icon.  This will allow you to set the icon for
that window.  I think it will only pull in icons available in the resource
file specified under the Options/Resource Files.  Hope this helps.

bill

Quote:

>I created a icon ressource that I link into my exe. In Windows
>Explorer the icon is shown but when I start the exe there's the
>windows logo in the title bar / taskbar (GUI) or the MicoFocus logo
>(textmode).

>What do I have to do to see my icon in the title and task bar?

>Best regards

>Sven

Mon, 15 Jul 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 NetExpress: Icon in title bar / task bar
Sven,

I suspect that you linked your application as graphical. If so, the icon is
not used by the application and if the run-time system creates a window for
text output it has its own icon for that window.

If your application is a text-based program, link the application as
character. Then,  the operating system (if running WindowsNT) will display
the icon you linked in.

Quote:

>I created a icon ressource that I link into my exe. In Windows
>Explorer the icon is shown but when I start the exe there's the
>windows logo in the title bar / taskbar (GUI) or the MicoFocus logo
>(textmode).

>What do I have to do to see my icon in the title and task bar?

>Best regards

>Sven

Tue, 16 Jul 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 NetExpress: Icon in title bar / task bar

Quote:
>I suspect that you linked your application as graphical. If so, the icon is
>not used by the application and if the run-time system creates a window for
>text output it has its own icon for that window.

So how can I put my own icon into the title bar / task bar. Please
note that I don't use the IDE but create my screensets using dswin /io
from a text file.

Quote:
>If your application is a text-based program, link the application as
>character. Then,  the operating system (if running WindowsNT) will display
>the icon you linked in.

Unfortunately it doesn't (Win9x). The icon is shown in Explorer, but
when running the application, there's the MicroFocus Icon in the title
/ task bars.

Textmode application -> MF logo
GUI application -> windows logo

I'm linking the applications with cbllink - I don't use RUN oder RUNW
to run them.

Any ideas?

Tue, 16 Jul 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. VWIN32: Smaller title bar and scroll bars? (fwd)

2. VWIN32: Smaller title bar and scroll bars?

3. how to change labview default program icon on title bars

4. Need to change the icon in the title bar of a Tk() window

5. User icon in window title bar ?

6. changing icons in title bar

7. Running TK app as Windows Task bar icon

8. Title bar shading

9. Purple title bar

10. Enhance an Open dialog body or title bar?

11. VAST: WindowNT Title Bar, Maximizing ?

12. VAST: Need to remove title bar (WinNT)