COBOL HELP NEEDED, PLEASE HELP ME!
Author Message
 COBOL HELP NEEDED, PLEASE HELP ME!

Dear COBOL Guys/Gals,

I am a 18 year old student from the UK, and I have to create a project and
code a program on a Library database in COBOL.
I would appreciate any advice or code that you have which would help me!
I would credit you in my biography in the project and any URL's and E-mail
addresses.
You could be one of the people who helps me get on to the Computer Science
Degree in September, but the way things are going at the moment, it does not
look like I am going anywhere apart from down!

Any COBOL advice on using Files, searching files, etc.............

Also, I am using Fujitsu COBOL V3 but at college I am using Microfocus
COBOL, I some times have problems transferring the source code over because
there are line numbers on the Fujitsu version. Any ideas.

Thanks for your time, any help would be appricative.

Kind regards,

Luke J Medland

Wed, 15 Aug 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 COBOL HELP NEEDED, PLEASE HELP ME!

Quote:

>Dear COBOL Guys/Gals,

>I am a 18 year old student from the UK, and I have to create a project and
>code a program on a Library database in COBOL.

Please do your own homework.

DD

Wed, 15 Aug 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 COBOL HELP NEEDED, PLEASE HELP ME!
I want to thank you , sir. Between this note and the virtually limitless
string of identical replies to those seeking contract help (you know, the
message where you tell eveyone that they must give a rate, etc), you have
reminded me of one of Life's Inescapable Facts:

                        Not all pontificating occurs in Rome.

MCM

Quote:

>Please do your own homework.

Wed, 15 Aug 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 COBOL HELP NEEDED, PLEASE HELP ME!

Quote:

>I want to thank you , sir. Between this note and the virtually limitless
>string of identical replies to those seeking contract help (you know, the
>message where you tell eveyone that they must give a rate, etc), you have
>reminded me of one of Life's Inescapable Facts:

>                        Not all pontificating occurs in Rome.

I am not responsible for the vagaries of your memory, of course... others
see such things and think 'Lo, there is nothing new under the sun'.

Would you rather that pimps post rateless adds with impunity?  Would you
rather that students think that others will cheerfully do their homework
for them?

DD

Quote:

>>Please do your own homework.

Wed, 15 Aug 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 COBOL HELP NEEDED, PLEASE HELP ME!
tell me more what kind of help you need

Thu, 16 Aug 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. i need help to modify my cobol program can someone help soon please

2. Need TABLE COBOL examples FAST! Please Help

3. HELP PLEASE NEED A DECOMPILER COBOL

5. Please Help - NetTools Help File needed

6. Help !!!, Need a Clarion RDD, Please help

7. AS/400 Cobol trying to call an ILE Cobol function in a service progam - Please help

8. Help...college student needs help w/cobol prgm.

10. help please-----please help about array in DLL

11. ***HELP***HELP***HELP***Please.

12. HELP HELP HELP PLEASE Ordinal Function