Permanent: Several COBOL and 'C' Programmers/Software Engineers
Author Message
 Permanent: Several COBOL and 'C' Programmers/Software Engineers

Several Mid-Level to Senior Software Engineers needed immediately at
Exeter Software, Billerica, MA

Please see   http://www.*-*-*.com/ for a description of our company.
Please note that we are a custom software company (distribution center
automation) and are not a consulting or contracting agency.

Required:

Three or more years experience programming in both COBOL and 'C', or,
BSEE/BSCS/BACS with demonstrated ability in COBOL and 'C'.  The
applicant should enjoy working in a team environment and working under
deadline constraints.  Good communication skills, business sense and
client-handling ability.

Nice to have:

Experience with SCO UNIX, TCP/IP, MicroFocus COBOL, MicroFocus Dialog,
interactive programming, real-time systems, program-to-program
communication, asynchronous and packet-based system-to-system
communication.  Knowledge of distribution and manufacturing logistics.

Perform all phases of system development from requirement analysis
through coding (in BOTH 'C' and COBOL) and unit testing, on-site system
testing and installation, remote technical support.  Approximately 25%
travel required.  Some international travel.

PRINCIPALS ONLY; no recruiters or agencies please.

Mail cover letter and resume to

Exeter Software, LTD
101 Billerica Avenue, Bldg. 5
N. Bilerica, MA  01862
(978)663-9840

If you wish to attach your resume to e-mail, the resume must be in MS
WORD 97 format.  Regular "snail mail" is fine.

Mon, 25 Sep 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 Permanent: Several COBOL and 'C' Programmers/Software Engineers

Before posting "job openings" in this newsgroup, please see the COBOL FAQ
(Frequently Asked Questions) which can be found at

 http://www.netcom.com/~wmklein/cobolfaq.htm

And look for the topics:

 18. What can/should I post in the COBOL newsgroups?
 18.2 Can I post job openings in the newsgroups and if so what should I
include?

(You may want to pay particular attention to what the newsgroup viewers
assume when you post an opening without specifying rates.)

P.S. The name of the company is
    Micro Focus and not (as you typed it)
    MicroFocus

--
+ +
+   Bill Klein -

Quote:

>Several Mid-Level to Senior Software Engineers needed immediately at
>Exeter Software, Billerica, MA

>Please see  http://www.exeterwms.com for a description of our company.
>Please note that we are a custom software company (distribution center
>automation) and are not a consulting or contracting agency.

>Required:

>Three or more years experience programming in both COBOL and 'C', or,
>BSEE/BSCS/BACS with demonstrated ability in COBOL and 'C'.  The
>applicant should enjoy working in a team environment and working under
>deadline constraints.  Good communication skills, business sense and
>client-handling ability.

>Nice to have:

>Experience with SCO UNIX, TCP/IP, MicroFocus COBOL, MicroFocus Dialog,
>interactive programming, real-time systems, program-to-program
>communication, asynchronous and packet-based system-to-system
>communication.  Knowledge of distribution and manufacturing logistics.

>Perform all phases of system development from requirement analysis
>through coding (in BOTH 'C' and COBOL) and unit testing, on-site system
>testing and installation, remote technical support.  Approximately 25%
>travel required.  Some international travel.

>PRINCIPALS ONLY; no recruiters or agencies please.

>Mail cover letter and resume to

>Exeter Software, LTD
>101 Billerica Avenue, Bldg. 5
>N. Bilerica, MA  01862
>(978)663-9840

>If you wish to attach your resume to e-mail, the resume must be in MS
>WORD 97 format.  Regular "snail mail" is fine.

Mon, 25 Sep 2000 03:00:00 GMT

1. 'C'/'C++', ADA OPPORTUNITIES/Phoenix(Software Developer/Integration Test Engineer)

2. recruiter's dilemma re: placing cobol programmer's for yr 2k projects

3. Fujitsu Software's COBOL CD's

4. What's new *and* interesting for IBM mainframe COBOL programmers - in the next COBOL Standard

5. OOPSLA'96 Workshop on Object-oriented software evolution and re-engineering

6. SMALLTALK SOFTWARE ENGINEER-Perl, C++,CORBA - Permanent/East Coast US

7. Permanent Smalltalk software engineering position (non-consulting) in Silicon Valley, California

8. Smalltalk permanent software engineering position (not consulting) in Silicon Valley, CA

9. OO SENIOR SOFTWARE ENGINEER/TEAM LEADER- Permanent Position

10. Permanent Smalltalk Software Engineer

11. Permanent software engineer position (not consulting) in San Jose, CA

12. D.C. area software engineer, laid off, need contract/permanent position