New user on Fujitsu COBOL V3 help me
Author Message
 New user on Fujitsu COBOL V3 help me

Hello
I'm a new user on Fujitsu COBOL V3 and I need some help.

After I installed the compilator under NT4 SP4, and I reading
the manual "Getting Started with Fujitsu COBOL". In the
application "Programming Staff" I open my file .COB no problem.
But when I trying to use Tools and any option in, in particular
WINCOB[Compile...] it does not occur anything at all!

No box open for asking me for the file to compile.
Did I forget parameter something?

Thank you in advance for your help.

Ps: my compiler is installed on c:\Program File\Cobol3 not in
the default proposed by Fujitsu!

Alain
--
+----------------------+-------------------------------------------+
| Alain Chappuis       | Responsable du systeme cmu.unige.ch       |

| Centre Medical Univ. | Phone  : +41 (22) [70]25.073              |
| 1, Rue Michel-Servet | FAX    : +41 (22) 347.33.34               |
| CH-1211 Geneve 4     | WWW    : http://www.*-*-*.com/ ;

+----------------------+-------------------------------------------+

Sun, 09 Sep 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 New user on Fujitsu COBOL V3 help me
You have to set up a project ... the pstaff program is a full project
manager with projects, editor, etc. all built in.  Try opening a project
(use one of the samples), then compiling.  Once you see that, you should
have no problem setting up a project, and sticking your own Cobol into it.
Quote:

>Hello
>I'm a new user on Fujitsu COBOL V3 and I need some help.

>After I installed the compilator under NT4 SP4, and I reading
>the manual "Getting Started with Fujitsu COBOL". In the
>application "Programming Staff" I open my file .COB no problem.
>But when I trying to use Tools and any option in, in particular
>WINCOB[Compile...] it does not occur anything at all!

>No box open for asking me for the file to compile.
>Did I forget parameter something?

>Thank you in advance for your help.

>Ps: my compiler is installed on c:\Program File\Cobol3 not in
>the default proposed by Fujitsu!

>Alain
>--
>+----------------------+-------------------------------------------+
>| Alain Chappuis       | Responsable du systeme cmu.unige.ch       |
>| Analyste programmeur | Responsable du serveur WEB cmu.unige.ch   |

>| Centre Medical Univ. | Phone  : +41 (22) [70]25.073              |
>| 1, Rue Michel-Servet | FAX    : +41 (22) 347.33.34               |
>| CH-1211 Geneve 4     | WWW    : http://cmu.unige.ch/
>|
>+----------------------+-------------------------------------------+

Sun, 09 Sep 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 New user on Fujitsu COBOL V3 help me

Quote:

> But when I trying to use Tools and any option in, in particular
> WINCOB[Compile...] it does not occur anything at all!

> Ps: my compiler is installed on c:\Program File\Cobol3 not in
> the default proposed by Fujitsu!

I made the same mistake the first time I installed it.  V3 will not
handle directory names longer than 8 characters.  If you search the
registry carefully, and change the paths to c:\Progra~1\...you can get
it to work, but I found that it was much easier to reinstall using their
defaults.

Bob
                  Bob Berman   -    West Hartford, CT

                  THE TRUE TERRORISTS IN AMERICA ARE
          THE PEOPLE WHO DEMAND TO SEE THE STORE MANAGER !
----+----+----+----+----+----+----+----+----+----+----+----+----+----+

Sun, 09 Sep 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 New user on Fujitsu COBOL V3 help me
V3 can handle directories with more than 8 characters, only watch, if threre
is no space in the directory-name.

--
H. Schepker
www.schepker.de

Quote:

> > But when I trying to use Tools and any option in, in particular
> > WINCOB[Compile...] it does not occur anything at all!

> > Ps: my compiler is installed on c:\Program File\Cobol3 not in
> > the default proposed by Fujitsu!

> I made the same mistake the first time I installed it.  V3 will not
> handle directory names longer than 8 characters.  If you search the
> registry carefully, and change the paths to c:\Progra~1\...you can get
> it to work, but I found that it was much easier to reinstall using their
> defaults.

> Bob
> --
>                   Bob Berman   -    West Hartford, CT

>                   THE TRUE TERRORISTS IN AMERICA ARE
>           THE PEOPLE WHO DEMAND TO SEE THE STORE MANAGER !
> ----+----+----+----+----+----+----+----+----+----+----+----+----+----+

Tue, 11 Sep 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 New user on Fujitsu COBOL V3 help me

Quote:
> Hello
> I'm a new user on Fujitsu COBOL V3 and I need some help.

> After I installed the compilator under NT4 SP4, and I reading
> the manual "Getting Started with Fujitsu COBOL". In the
> application "Programming Staff" I open my file .COB no problem.
> But when I trying to use Tools and any option in, in particular
> WINCOB[Compile...] it does not occur anything at all!

> No box open for asking me for the file to compile.
> Did I forget parameter something?

> Thank you in advance for your help.

> Ps: my compiler is installed on c:\Program File\Cobol3 not in
> the default proposed by Fujitsu!

> Alain
> --
> +----------------------+-------------------------------------------+
> | Alain Chappuis       | Responsable du systeme cmu.unige.ch       |
> | Analyste programmeur | Responsable du serveur WEB cmu.unige.ch   |

> | Centre Medical Univ. | Phone  : +41 (22) [70]25.073              |
> | 1, Rue Michel-Servet | FAX    : +41 (22) 347.33.34               |
> | CH-1211 Geneve 4     | WWW    : http://cmu.unige.ch/
> |
> +----------------------+-------------------------------------------+

Alain,
I think your problem is in the directory name "program files".  See Support
FAQ COBOL V3 on the Fujitsu web site.

Point 3 says "Fujitsu COBOL does not work correctly if a directory contains
a blank".
Point 4 says "Fujitsu COBOL does not compile correctly if a directory in
the path or the file name contains a blank".

So Fujitsu, why make the default install directory C:\Program
Files\...........?
Regards,
Ian.

Tue, 18 Sep 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 New user on Fujitsu COBOL V3 help me
On 2 Apr 1999 07:54:33 GMT, "Ian Stoddart"

Quote:

>So Fujitsu, why make the default install directory C:\Program
>Files\...........?
>Regards,
>Ian.

In their defense, the default install is \FSC

Tue, 18 Sep 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 New user on Fujitsu COBOL V3 help me
Ian,

The default directory is C:\FSC    and has been for a long time.
Unfortunately the user can change it and if they don't follow instructions
according to the book regarding spaces in the folder, there will be
problems. To anyone that has done this, I would recommend uninstalling the
Fujitsu COBOL program completely and install it again and be sure to accept
the defaults as <drive>:\FSC and go from there. Then what the programmer
wants to do will start working.

Regards,
Gary Roush
Fujitsu COBOL Support

Quote:

>> Hello
>> I'm a new user on Fujitsu COBOL V3 and I need some help.

>> After I installed the compilator under NT4 SP4, and I reading
>> the manual "Getting Started with Fujitsu COBOL". In the
>> application "Programming Staff" I open my file .COB no problem.
>> But when I trying to use Tools and any option in, in particular
>> WINCOB[Compile...] it does not occur anything at all!

>> No box open for asking me for the file to compile.
>> Did I forget parameter something?

>> Thank you in advance for your help.

>> Ps: my compiler is installed on c:\Program File\Cobol3 not in
>> the default proposed by Fujitsu!

>> Alain
>> --
>> +----------------------+-------------------------------------------+
>> | Alain Chappuis       | Responsable du systeme cmu.unige.ch       |
>> | Analyste programmeur | Responsable du serveur WEB cmu.unige.ch   |

>> | Centre Medical Univ. | Phone  : +41 (22) [70]25.073              |
>> | 1, Rue Michel-Servet | FAX    : +41 (22) 347.33.34               |
>> | CH-1211 Geneve 4     | WWW    : http://cmu.unige.ch/
>> |
>> +----------------------+-------------------------------------------+

>Alain,
>I think your problem is in the directory name "program files".  See
Support
>FAQ COBOL V3 on the Fujitsu web site.

>Point 3 says "Fujitsu COBOL does not work correctly if a directory
contains
>a blank".
>Point 4 says "Fujitsu COBOL does not compile correctly if a directory in
>the path or the file name contains a blank".

>So Fujitsu, why make the default install directory C:\Program
>Files\...........?
>Regards,
>Ian.

Sat, 22 Sep 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. Help with linking on Fujitsu Cobol V3

2. New Fujitsu Cobol User v4.0

3. FUJITSU V3 USER DEFINED FUNCTIONS

4. HELP: MF Dialog System useless with new cobol v3.2

5. I need F3BHOPAS for Fujitsu's COBOL V3

6. Fujitsu COBOL v3.1

7. Fujitsu cobol V3

8. URGENT! Linking error in Fujitsu COBOL V3

9. entry point not defined error when linking in fujitsu cobol v3

10. Fujitsu COBOL v3 spacing

11. fujitsu cobol v3

12. COBOL CGI programs w/Fujitsu v3 Starter