How to compile and link to C-DLL out of COBOL-DLL (MF)
Author Message
 How to compile and link to C-DLL out of COBOL-DLL (MF)

After compiling an linking a COBOL-DLL (MF Workbench 4.0.16) which
includes calls to C-DLL (Call convention 74) I get Error 173 when
debugging or executing this DLL when calling the C-DLL!

What must I do ?

Fri, 31 Dec 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 How to compile and link to C-DLL out of COBOL-DLL (MF)

Quote:

> After compiling an linking a COBOL-DLL (MF Workbench 4.0.16) which
> includes calls to C-DLL (Call convention 74) I get Error 173 when
> debugging or executing this DLL when calling the C-DLL!

Make sure the C-DLL is on the path.

Sat, 01 Jan 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 How to compile and link to C-DLL out of COBOL-DLL (MF)

Sounds like a file location problem, if the calls are
setup properly.

Give us an idea of the file(s) physical location on the
drive, also OS and Version.

John

Quote:
> After compiling an linking a COBOL-DLL (MF Workbench 4.0.16) which
> includes calls to C-DLL (Call convention 74) I get Error 173 when
> debugging or executing this DLL when calling the C-DLL!

> What must I do ?

Sat, 01 Jan 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 How to compile and link to C-DLL out of COBOL-DLL (MF)

The module finds the DLL. The same thing happen if I make
a call to an API function.

Sat, 01 Jan 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 How to compile and link to C-DLL out of COBOL-DLL (MF)

Quote:

>After compiling an linking a COBOL-DLL (MF Workbench 4.0.16) which
>includes calls to C-DLL (Call convention 74) I get Error 173 when
>debugging or executing this DLL when calling the C-DLL!

>What must I do ?

I believe that this error message can also occur when you are trying
to use 16 bit .dll's with a 32 bit compiler or when attempting to use
32 bit .dll's with a 16 bit compiler.

Delete FILTER from my e-mail address to reply
Check out The Flexus COBOL Page at http://www.flexus.com

Fri, 07 Jan 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 How to compile and link to C-DLL out of COBOL-DLL (MF)

If you have a .lib to link when you create the dll try to add a double
underscore before the name of routine eg.:"__mycapi", this forces a static
link to the dll.
Otherwise try this
01 dll-ptr      procedure pointer.
procedure division.
init-prg.
        set dll-ptr to entry "mydll.dll".

This code loads the dll in memory and then you can call your routines.
bye
Micael

Quote:
> The module finds the DLL. The same thing happen if I make
> a call to an API function.

Tue, 11 Jan 2000 03:00:00 GMT

1. C55OLEX.DLL file is linked to missing export C55runx.dll:wsl@screener

2. Calling MF COBOL-DLL from VB

3. Calling C++ DLL from MF COBOL

4. MF Cobol and OS/2 DLLs

5. REXX calling MF Cobol DLLs problem

6. MF Cobol and Windows NT DLLs

7. Releasing MF Cobol DLL

8. MF CObol and TCP/IP DLL?

9. Calling Win32 DLL Functions from MF COBOL

10. MF-COBOL and DLL's: Call shows strange errors

11. calling a MF COBOL .dll (ver 3.2.50) from VB5

12. Building dll in MF Cobol 4.0.32