Compiling COBOL in VM, IBM LE
Author Message
 Compiling COBOL in VM, IBM LE

    I've been dropped into a spot where I have to remediate and re-compile
in VM several COBOL 74 subroutines to our new COBOL for VM/MVS Language
Edition. I'm not too familiar with compiling in VM, I'm lost without JCL.
    I would appreciate any direcition I can get clarifying some of the
concepts. I've already compiled with an EXEC using the COBOL2 module and the
subroutines work (they're called from a FOCUS application), however they run
the environment out of memory.
    Question, when compiling in VM do I need to make a GLOBAL statement to
load any libraries prior to compile? When resources are in more than 2
libraries how are they concatenated into the SYSLIB when using KKED to
create a LOADLIB?

Thanks for any help,

Roger W. Liljedahl

Fri, 13 Oct 2000 03:00:00 GMT

1. LE 1.8 wierd COBOL abend dump-longish ( x-posted to IBM-MAIN and COBOL )

2. COBOL for OS/390 and VM and LE books

3. Environmental Variables in LE COBOL on an IBM mainframe

4. IBM COBOL LE CICS PROGRAMMER

5. Bit Twiddling in IBM (LE) COBOL

6. IBM COBOL under LE - Performance Info

7. ADATA output from IBM COBOL for MVS and VM compiler

8. Compiling CICS / DB2 programs on IBM VisualAGE COBOL v2.2

9. IBM VS COBOL II COMPILED LISTINGS

10. IBM COBOL - compile-time messages and documentation

11. IBM Cobol Set For AIX Compile

12. IBM PC COBOL/CICS/DB2 Compile Probs