Cobol II
Author Message
 Cobol II

I'm an entry level programmer, and I need a little help understanding a
few things.  First of all I would like to know if Cobol II will run or
is compatible with an IBM 9370 mainframe.  Secondly I would like to know
if Cobol II programs run faster than Cobol I programs.  If anyone out
there can help me with these questions it will be greatly appreciated.
Thank you.

Jerry Sparkman

Fri, 29 Jan 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 Cobol II

No such product as COBOL I.

Older products were things like OS/VS COBOL and (I cant recall the actual
name) VSE COBOL.

Performance of VS COBOL II is generally equal to or better than any
predicessors.  Yes, there are exceptions, that is about 1 hour of lecture
in "Planning COBOL Migration".

Will it run on a 9370???  What operating system do you have on the 9370.
Generally VS COBOL II will run on MVS/XA, MVS/ESA, some VSE systems and
VM.  I cannot cite the VM and VSE versions without research, but they are
documented.  Most of the cited systems can run on a 9370, will they run on
yours - that is another question.

Rex Widmer
Builder of software archeology tools and other strange programs to help
survive in a legacy based world.

Sat, 30 Jan 1999 03:00:00 GMT

1. IBM COBOL post-VS COBOL II

2. Differnece between Cobol and Cobol II

3. Differences between VS COBOL II and COBOL for MVS and VM

4. Differences between Cobol and Cobol II (Mainframe)

5. MicroFocus COBOL vs. Mainframe COBOL II

6. Bull Cobol vs MVS Cobol-II

7. US-MA Boston Area Contract Position: Cobol-Cobol II-DB2-MVS/JCL

8. JSP-COBOL convertion to COBOL II

9. COBOL to COBOL II Conversion

10. Convert COBOL to COBOL II

11. Convert COBOL to COBOL II