URGENT! Linking error in Fujitsu COBOL V3
Author Message
 URGENT! Linking error in Fujitsu COBOL V3

Greetings:

I am a CIS major and I have written a program for my COBOL class that has
compiled correctly into a file w/ the .obj extension and it is ready for
linking.  However, when I run the winlink program I get an fatal error :
entry point not defined error.  Also, I have tried the sample.obj files but
they will not link either and get the same error.  Any help is greatly
appreciated...I just can't figure out what is wrong...;(

Thanks...

Josh

Tue, 17 Aug 2004 11:19:16 GMT
 URGENT! Linking error in Fujitsu COBOL V3
Go to the COBOL FAQ at:

    http://cobolreport.com/faqs/cobolfaq.htm

and look for

 "When Linking you will get a warning message that says:

    No Entry Point"

and read what it says there about your problem.

--
Bill Klein
 wmklein <at> ix.netcom.com

Quote:
> Greetings:

> I am a CIS major and I have written a program for my COBOL class that has
> compiled correctly into a file w/ the .obj extension and it is ready for
> linking.  However, when I run the winlink program I get an fatal error :
> entry point not defined error.  Also, I have tried the sample.obj files
but
> they will not link either and get the same error.  Any help is greatly
> appreciated...I just can't figure out what is wrong...;(

> Thanks...

> Josh

Tue, 17 Aug 2004 12:55:34 GMT
 URGENT! Linking error in Fujitsu COBOL V3

Quote:
> Greetings:

> I am a CIS major and I have written a program for my COBOL class
that has
> compiled correctly into a file w/ the .obj extension and it is ready
for
> linking.  However, when I run the winlink program I get an fatal
error :
> entry point not defined error.  Also, I have tried the sample.obj
files but
> they will not link either and get the same error.  Any help is
greatly
> appreciated...I just can't figure out what is wrong...;(

Or, alternatively, visit the web site of the maufacturer.

In this case,

http://www.adtools.com/support/index.htm

Tue, 17 Aug 2004 21:03:14 GMT
 URGENT! Linking error in Fujitsu COBOL V3

Quote:

>inking.  However, when I run the winlink program I get an fatal error :
>entry point not defined error.  Also, I have tried the sample.obj files but

Are you sure that at least one of the OBJ modules involved in the link process
was compiled with SET MAIN to establish which is the primary object entry
point?

Wed, 18 Aug 2004 08:30:27 GMT

1. entry point not defined error when linking in fujitsu cobol v3

2. Help with linking on Fujitsu Cobol V3

3. Static/dynamic linking with Fujitsu COBOL V3.0

4. I need F3BHOPAS for Fujitsu's COBOL V3

5. Fujitsu COBOL v3.1

6. Fujitsu cobol V3

7. Fujitsu COBOL v3 spacing

8. fujitsu cobol v3

9. COBOL CGI programs w/Fujitsu v3 Starter

10. Changing Printers with Fujitsu COBOL V3

11. NLS and Fujitsu Cobol V3

12. fujitsu cobol v3.0