Accessing variable-length records files in C-ISAM standard
Author Message
 Accessing variable-length records files in C-ISAM standard

We want use variable-lenght records files in C-ISAM from Micro Focus
Cobol 4.1.

If we access a fixed-lenght records we don't have problems. We can
check this files with bcheck. But, when we use variable-lenght files,
MFCobol create a files with a propietary format.

Sat, 10 Nov 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Accessing variable-length records files in C-ISAM standard
Have you liked C-ISAM in to the run time system or are you still using
the Microfocus supplied version of it?

Instructions on how to link in standard C-ISAM are contained in the
manual.

Quote:

> We want use variable-lenght records files in C-ISAM from Micro Focus
> Cobol 4.1.

> If we access a fixed-lenght records we don't have problems. We can
> check this files with bcheck. But, when we use variable-lenght files,
> MFCobol create a files with a propietary format.

Sun, 11 Nov 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Accessing variable-length records files in C-ISAM standard

Quote:
> Have you liked C-ISAM in to the run time system or are you still using
> the Microfocus supplied version of it?

> Instructions on how to link in standard C-ISAM are contained in the
> manual.

> > We want use variable-lenght records files in C-ISAM from Micro Focus
> > Cobol 4.1.

> > If we access a fixed-lenght records we don't have problems. We can
> > check this files with bcheck. But, when we use variable-lenght
files,
> > MFCobol create a files with a propietary format.

> > --== Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/ ==--
> > ---Share what you know. Learn what you don't.---

We compile the programs following the manual instructions. We use the
following command "cob -xa prueba.cbl -m ixfile=cixfile +l isam  ".

Anybody have an idea about this.

thanks in advance.
Roberto Wagner
Montevideo
Uruguay

Sun, 11 Nov 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Accessing variable-length records files in C-ISAM standard

Quote:

> We want use variable-lenght records files in C-ISAM from Micro Focus
> Cobol 4.1.

> If we access a fixed-lenght records we don't have problems. We can
> check this files with bcheck. But, when we use variable-lenght files,
> MFCobol create a files with a propietary format.

Is C-ISAM capable of variable length records?  If not, perhaps
MicroFocus knows this and is defaulting to their own format in this
case.

-------------------------
Trust the computer industry to shorten "Year 2000" to Y2K.  It was
this
kind of thinking that caused the problem in the first place.

Try a better search engine: http://www.google.com

Visit my updated website at
http://www.geocities.com/Eureka/2006/

Sun, 11 Nov 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. How to access files with variable length records?

2. How to access files with variable length records?

3. Getting true length of a variable length record - IBM Mainframe

4. Finding Variable-Length Record Length

5. direct access file record length

6. record length for direct access files

7. processing variable length records in text file

8. Import dos file variable record length

9. Reading variable-length records from a file

10. Sorting a file with variable length records.

11. How to read a binary file with variable length record

12. Variable length file access