DECLGEN for MS ACCESS
Author Message
 DECLGEN for MS ACCESS

I have now completed the Windows version of this software.

If you are considering accessing MS ACCESS databases from any kind of COBOL,
you will save a lot of time using this.

It analyses your Access database directly by OLE Automation, figures out the
structure of your tables, "translates" this into Host variable definitions
and COBOL Record definitions for inclusion in your COBOL program, and (in
the version you pay for), generates a structured COBOL generic access module
or an OO generic access Class to maintain each table on your database. This
means it actually writes the COBOL for the "bottom" tier of your multi tier
application. It also means that COBOL programmers with no knowledge of SQL
can deal with tables on the database using the familiar record layouts they
are used to; the translation to SQL is done in the "bottom tier" generated
code.

This software is free to members of this Newsgroup for a limited period. (I
need a bunch of beta testers...<G>)

All you have to do is mail me and ask for it. I'll also send you a document
giving step-by-step instructions on HOW to use MS ACCESS from your PC COBOL.

Get it while it's free!

Pete.

http://www.*-*-*.com/ - The #1 Newsgroup Service in the World!

Fri, 12 Sep 2003 08:54:28 GMT
 DECLGEN for MS ACCESS
Youe E-mail did not work.

Quote:
> I have now completed the Windows version of this software.

> If you are considering accessing MS ACCESS databases from any kind of
COBOL,
> you will save a lot of time using this.

> It analyses your Access database directly by OLE Automation, figures out
the
> structure of your tables, "translates" this into Host variable definitions
> and COBOL Record definitions for inclusion in your COBOL program, and (in
> the version you pay for), generates a structured COBOL generic access
module
> or an OO generic access Class to maintain each table on your database.
This
> means it actually writes the COBOL for the "bottom" tier of your multi
tier
> application. It also means that COBOL programmers with no knowledge of SQL
> can deal with tables on the database using the familiar record layouts
they
> are used to; the translation to SQL is done in the "bottom tier" generated
> code.

> This software is free to members of this Newsgroup for a limited period.
(I
> need a bunch of beta testers...<G>)

> All you have to do is mail me and ask for it. I'll also send you a
document
> giving step-by-step instructions on HOW to use MS ACCESS from your PC
COBOL.

> Get it while it's free!

> Pete.

Wed, 17 Sep 2003 13:20:31 GMT
 DECLGEN for MS ACCESS
Stephen I'm sorry. You need to remove the "nospam" from the end of it.

I thought people would realise this, but you are not the only one who fell
into this trap. I should've made it clear, sorry.

Pete.

Quote:

>Youe E-mail did not work.

Wed, 17 Sep 2003 18:31:07 GMT
 DECLGEN for MS ACCESS
Stephen I'm sorry. You need to remove the "nospam" from the end of it.

I thought people would realise this, but you are not the only one who fell
into this trap. I should've made it clear, sorry.

Pete.

Quote:

>Youe E-mail did not work.

Wed, 17 Sep 2003 18:31:07 GMT

1. Haskell and MS-Excel, MS-Access

2. MS Fortran v 5.00 - Access to serial COM ports (MS-DOS)

3. Accessing MS Access Files from clarion

4. Database access by MS Access, CW4

5. How i can access MS access 2.0 databases

6. Accessing Clarion tables from MS Access?

7. Accessing Ms-Access tables

8. Accessing MS ACCESS Files how to

9. MS-Access access

10. Access to MS Access

11. VW25 accessing MS Access

12. MS Access as Database Server for APL's