Problem with RM/COBOL, RM+DB & telnet
Author Message
 Problem with RM/COBOL, RM+DB & telnet

Hi,

we have a problem with RM/COBOL and RM+DB on UNIX, when working over
telnet.
When the telnet session crashes, the RM/COBOL runtime does not
terminate and and consumes all available cpu-time. It appears that the
runtime is reading from a closed stdin stream forever. This is
burdensome, but we can deal with this behaviour.
On the other side, with RM+DB we are in real trouble. Killing such a
looping runtime does not release the locks it holds. So it seems the
only remedy is to shut down and restart the computer (or at least the
rm+db server) when a RM+DB runtime starts looping in the background.
Has anyone experienced the same problem ?
Does any workaround exist ? Did we anything wrong with our
installation ?
Any help kindly  appreciated !

Many thanks !

Mon, 17 May 1999 03:00:00 GMT

1. RM/Cobol 85 v.6.5 applications developed with RM/Panels running under W95

2. Rm/Cobol & Pervasive SQL 7 file problem

3. RM/COBOL & Cobol-WOW HOSTING

4. First Semester problrm: simple cobol rm cobol / 85 problem with subprograms

5. RM-Cobol & CD-Rom

6. Network problem with RM/Cobol 85

7. Runtime Problem about RM/COBOL 85

8. RM/COBOL file copy problems