MF Animate - calling DLL's
Author Message
 MF Animate - calling DLL's

Hi;

I'm trying to animate a Cobol program where I call some rutines in a DLL.
The call statement looks like this:
CALL '_CICS_EpiInitialize'
      USING BY VALUE CICS-EPI-VERSION-100
      RETURNING EPI-RETURN-CODE.
When I run the program in .EXE mode, I have no problem, but when i try to run in
ANIMATE Mode, i receive error 173;
Called program file not found in drive/directory  (Error 173)

I'm running on OS/2, using MF Cobol 3.1.54

Any ideas how to do this ?

Regards

Niels Chr. Madsen

Fri, 14 May 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 MF Animate - calling DLL's

You probably haven't loaded the DLL to make the entry points available.
You'll have to do something like this:

        01 MF-PROC-PTR          USAGE PROCEDURE-POINTER.
        SET MF-PROC-PTR TO ENTRY "file.DLL".

This causes the runtime to load the DLL and make it's entry points
available.  I assume you weren't having a problem with the .EXE because
you linked those routines in.  I don't know if this method will break a

Fri, 14 May 1999 03:00:00 GMT

1. MF-COBOL and DLL's: Call shows strange errors

2. Animating MF COBOL DLLs

3. Calling MF COBOL-DLL from VB

4. Calling C++ DLL from MF COBOL

5. REXX calling MF Cobol DLLs problem

6. Calling Win32 DLL Functions from MF COBOL

7. calling a MF COBOL .dll (ver 3.2.50) from VB5

8. 32-bit MF COBOL DLL calling from VB4

9. MF ASCII to EBCIDIC DLL's ?

10. function calls to external dll in 'routine's

11. Calling 'foreign' DLLs

12. How to compile and link to C-DLL out of COBOL-DLL (MF)