description/explanation of CICS macros
Author Message
 description/explanation of CICS macros

Hi
        Anyone knows where can I find description/explanation of CICS macros.
Newer versions of CICS do not support these macros. There are third
party tools also available to convert CICS macros to corresponding
CICS command But I want to know about these macros.
                Please guide me.

                                Thanks

Fri, 10 Jun 2005 19:15:06 GMT
 description/explanation of CICS macros
I think you're out of luck. CICS/MVS Version/Release 2.1.2 was the
last CICS that supported Macro Level support for HLL's. CICS/ESA
Version/Release 3.1.1 was the last CICS that supported Macro Level
support for Assembler.

You may want to look through IBM Book Manager On-Line -

http://www.s390.ibm.com/bookmgr-cgi/bookmgr.cmd/LIBRARY

or, locate someone that has these manuals in their possession.

Bill

Quote:
> Hi
>    Anyone knows where can I find description/explanation of CICS macros.
> Newer versions of CICS do not support these macros. There are third
> party tools also available to convert CICS macros to corresponding
> CICS command But I want to know about these macros.
>            Please guide me.

>                            Thanks

Sat, 11 Jun 2005 01:21:34 GMT
 description/explanation of CICS macros

Quote:

> Hi
>         Anyone knows where can I find description/explanation of CICS macros.
> Newer versions of CICS do not support these macros. There are third
> party tools also available to convert CICS macros to corresponding
> CICS command But I want to know about these macros.
>                 Please guide me.

>                                 Thanks

Once upon a time I used to program in COBOL with CICS 1.1.1
(MACRO support ONLY). I think I still have a few of those
old manuals around. However, I'm working at a client site
and not in my office, so I only get to get on this news
group on my day off.

You can reach me via email at steve t 357 at yahoo com
(humans know what I've just put here, harvesters probably
not). I will try, as time permits, to answer your questions.

--
Steve Thompson
www.vsstrategies.com

Mon, 20 Jun 2005 07:21:57 GMT

1. description/explanation of CICS macros

2. Explanation Needed for Nested Macro Definition

3. Macro-level CICS Registers?

4. BAL/BALR vs BAS/BASR in CICS macros

5. CICS MACRO LEVEL IN ASSEMBLER

6. CICS/PL1 Macro- to Cmd-lvl Conversion Consultants?

7. CICS Macro->Command

8. CICS/VSAM (Macro Level) for USA-NC

9. US-NE-CICS(MACRO)/ASSEMBLER P/A-CONT OR PERM

10. JOB - HOLLAND: A/P COBOL I, MACRO CICS

11. CICS MACRO LEVEL to COMMAND LEVEL

12. A macro involving two sub-macros - where the 2nd macro needs results from the first