Help for a starting Cobol Student - PC Cobol Info
Author Message
 Help for a starting Cobol Student - PC Cobol Info

A request for some info for a project in my intro level Cobol Class.  I
am working on a short presentation regarding PC Cobol.  Looking for some
sources for pros & cons on PC Cobol. Is there a future for it or is it
just a good tool to learn Cobol? If anyone knows of any articles or
other materials that my help me answer this question I would really
appreciate it!

Regards,

Pete

Thu, 06 May 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 Help for a starting Cobol Student - PC Cobol Info

Quote:
> am working on a short presentation regarding PC Cobol.  Looking for some
> sources for pros & cons on PC Cobol. Is there a future for it or is it
> just a good tool to learn Cobol? If anyone knows of any articles or
> other materials that my help me answer this question I would really
> appreciate it!

I have been building Cobol applications for business on 'PC's
and other micros since 1980.  Prior to that I was using mainframes
and minis.

Yes, I think that someday it may have a future    ;-)

Sat, 08 May 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 Help for a starting Cobol Student - PC Cobol Info

Quote:

>A request for some info for a project in my intro level Cobol Class.  I
>am working on a short presentation regarding PC Cobol.  Looking for some
>sources for pros & cons on PC Cobol. Is there a future for it or is it
>just a good tool to learn Cobol? If anyone knows of any articles or
>other materials that my help me answer this question I would really
>appreciate it!

>Regards,

>Pete

You might have a look at the September edition of American Programmer (Vol9 No9)
which was devoted to "The Future of COBOL".  Some interesting articles there.

MikeC

Tue, 11 May 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 Help for a starting Cobol Student - PC Cobol Info

Quote:

>A request for some info for a project in my intro level Cobol Class.  I
>am working on a short presentation regarding PC Cobol.  Looking for some
>sources for pros & cons on PC Cobol. Is there a future for it or is it
>just a good tool to learn Cobol? If anyone knows of any articles or
>other materials that my help me answer this question I would really
>appreciate it!

>Regards,

>Pete

You might have a look at the September edition of American Programmer
(Sept 1996 vol. 9 no. 9) which was devoted to "The future of COBOL".
There were some interesting articles there.

MikeC

Tue, 11 May 1999 03:00:00 GMT

1. Help...college student needs help w/cobol prgm.

2. COBOL/400: searching info on NO LOCK clause for START

3. Help Desperately Needed in Student Cobol Project

4. Old RM-COBOL UNIX programmer seeking info on move to COBOL/400 on AS/400

5. cobol student please help

6. cobol student- please help

7. COBOL Student: NEED HELP!

8. COBOL STUDENT NEEDS HELP!

9. cobol student please help

10. Student needs help - MF cobol personal edition

11. Deperate student requires help with COBOL program

12. Student needs help on using mouse with cobol