VisualAge for COBOL and JAVA
Author Message
 VisualAge for COBOL and JAVA

I'm using the VisualAge for COBOL version 2.2 in Windows95. Is there an
"easy" way to couple a Java program to COBOL, such as

* Write AND link a COBOL DLL so that it acts as a Native Interface for a
JAVA applet ?
   I was able to do it with JDK1.1 and the shareware Java Coroutine Class
Library for            Win32 which is different from the Java Native
Interface (JNI).
A 1996 IBM COBOL Newsletter explained the procedure for AIX and promised an
analogous example for Windows later, but I've never seen it...?

* Use IBM's CORBA (DSOM) to generate to IDL and SOM-repository and then
integrate with JAVA-IDL interface in JDK1.2 ? It is not clear how the
JDK1.2 ORB works together with DSOM.

By the way, I refuse to accept that the answer would be VisualAge for C++
as an intermediate...

Any examples or suggestions are warmly welcomed !

Guido Dedene

P.S. I know some other products have native Java translation, which is
another circumvent...

Sun, 18 Mar 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. VisualAge for Java/ Cobol/ Contract/ Chi

2. Looking for IBM VisualAge Java/IBM VisualAge Smalltalk teachers

3. Use VisualAge java not VisualAge Smalltalk

4. VisualAge SmallTalk & VisualAge Java JOB OPPORTUNITIES @ IBS

5. VisualAge users VisualAge users VisualAge users.

6. Chicago, VisualAge / Java

7. Cleveland: VisualAge for Java Mentor and Developers, Contract

8. "Smalltalk-VisualAge-VW-Java - DC, CO"

9. Cleveland: VisualAge for Java Mentor and Developers, Contract

10. Architect/Developer, VisualAge Smalltalk/Java

11. TOP $$$ for Hot-VisualAge Java-Immediate contract in Atlanta

12. "Hot-VisualAge Java-Immed-Atlanta"