Cross reference COBOL source: want literals listed too....?
Author Message
 Cross reference COBOL source: want literals listed too....?

Quote:
>    I once used a COBOL source cross-referencer that listed variables,
>paragraphs and COBOL literals (also possibly figurative constants, as I
>recall) by line number; it also differentiated between read- and
>write-references.
>    It was written in COBOL.  I used it in San Francisco, circa 1972.
>Does anyone have a pointer to such a program that I can obtain today?

>Thanks a lot!

There is a tool in the ETK portable toolkit that does what
you want.  The code is too big to post, so e-mail me if you

Thu, 20 May 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 Cross reference COBOL source: want literals listed too....?

check out www.deskware.com  i have a beta copy and it is quite impressive.

|> >      I once used a COBOL source cross-referencer that listed variables,
|> >paragraphs and COBOL literals (also possibly figurative constants, as I
|> >recall) by line number; it also differentiated between read- and
|> >write-references.
|> >      It was written in COBOL.  I used it in San Francisco, circa 1972.
|> >Does anyone have a pointer to such a program that I can obtain today?
|> >
|> >Thanks a lot!
|>
|> There is a tool in the ETK portable toolkit that does what
|> you want.  The code is too big to post, so e-mail me if you

Fri, 21 May 1999 03:00:00 GMT

1. cross-reference for COBOL source: literals listed too?

2. PyXR 0.9- Cross-Referenced HTML from Python Source

3. PyXR 0.8- Cross-Referenced HTML from Python Source

4. Cross reference printer for VHDL source

5. source code cross reference tool

6. Wanted - a C-language cross-referencing tool

7. Wanted Ada Cross Reference (xref) tool

8. cross-reference tool wanted

9. cross reference program wanted

10. OS/390 COBOL copybook cross reference

11. MVS COBOL Cross Reference

12. DEC Cobol and CDDL (cross reference)