Terrorist Attacks
Author Message
 Terrorist Attacks

I have just been watching the news here in the UK and I was totally and
utterly shocked to see the destruction, in America, by terrorists. Even more
galling was the fact that civilian passenger aircraft were used to initially
cause this devastation. My deepest and heartfelt sympathy goes out to
anybody from this Newsgroup who was either in the affected areas at the
time, or those of you who have friends and family who have been injured or
lost their lives. What more can I say. Shocking, just shocking........
--
Neil Harrison
aka bloggs

Sun, 29 Feb 2004 00:38:52 GMT
 Terrorist Attacks

Quote:

> I have just been watching the news here in the UK and I was totally and
> utterly shocked to see the destruction, in America, by terrorists. Even more
> galling was the fact that civilian passenger aircraft were used to initially
> cause this devastation. My deepest and heartfelt sympathy goes out to
> anybody from this Newsgroup who was either in the affected areas at the
> time, or those of you who have friends and family who have been injured or
> lost their lives. What more can I say. Shocking, just shocking........
> --
> Neil Harrison
> aka bloggs

From the 'Great White North" I reiterate the above. I recall Bill kindly writing
to me some two years ago when a tornado occurred in Alberta. (It was way north
of Calgary).

There's so much we 'northerners' share with you in the lower 48. To all US
citizens in this News Group are heartfelt sympathies.

Jimmy, Calgary AB

Sun, 29 Feb 2004 02:26:04 GMT
 Terrorist Attacks

Quote:

>> I have just been watching the news here in the UK and I was totally and
>> utterly shocked to see the destruction, in America, by terrorists. Even more
>> galling was the fact that civilian passenger aircraft were used to initially
>> cause this devastation. My deepest and heartfelt sympathy goes out to
>> anybody from this Newsgroup who was either in the affected areas at the
>> time, or those of you who have friends and family who have been injured or
>> lost their lives. What more can I say. Shocking, just shocking........
>> --
>> Neil Harrison
>> aka bloggs

>From the 'Great White North" I reiterate the above. I recall Bill kindly writing
>to me some two years ago when a tornado occurred in Alberta. (It was way north
>of Calgary).

>There's so much we 'northerners' share with you in the lower 48. To all US
>citizens in this News Group are heartfelt sympathies.

>Jimmy, Calgary AB

I am also far away in the UK, but my thoughts are with all of you in the
US. The shock over here is unbelievable. Our comment at work was that
its not April fools day. As the news unfolds the scale of the
devastation is beyond comprehension. I have just finished watching a
2hour special news item on UK television and still cannot believe it was
real and not a Hollywood disaster movie.
        My condolences to all who have lost people and my best wishes to
all the injured.
--
jobs

Sun, 29 Feb 2004 05:16:08 GMT
 Terrorist Attacks
Many thanks for the sympathies.  With Gods help, America will continue in her strong
will and fair minded direction to justice.  The terrorists will be found, and
punished.  A free and open society is the first step to true global justice.  America
has a very unique personality trait in that we can unite for the right cause.

God bless.

Quote:

> >> I have just been watching the news here in the UK and I was totally and
> >> utterly shocked to see the destruction, in America, by terrorists. Even more
> >> galling was the fact that civilian passenger aircraft were used to initially
> >> cause this devastation. My deepest and heartfelt sympathy goes out to
> >> anybody from this Newsgroup who was either in the affected areas at the
> >> time, or those of you who have friends and family who have been injured or
> >> lost their lives. What more can I say. Shocking, just shocking........
> >> --
> >> Neil Harrison
> >> aka bloggs

> >From the 'Great White North" I reiterate the above. I recall Bill kindly writing
> >to me some two years ago when a tornado occurred in Alberta. (It was way north
> >of Calgary).

> >There's so much we 'northerners' share with you in the lower 48. To all US
> >citizens in this News Group are heartfelt sympathies.

> >Jimmy, Calgary AB

> I am also far away in the UK, but my thoughts are with all of you in the
> US. The shock over here is unbelievable. Our comment at work was that
> its not April fools day. As the news unfolds the scale of the
> devastation is beyond comprehension. I have just finished watching a
> 2hour special news item on UK television and still cannot believe it was
> real and not a Hollywood disaster movie.
>         My condolences to all who have lost people and my best wishes to
> all the injured.
> --
> jobs

Sun, 29 Feb 2004 07:38:42 GMT
 Terrorist Attacks

Quote:

> I have just been watching the news here in the UK and I was totally and
> utterly shocked to see the destruction, in America, by terrorists. Even more
> galling was the fact that civilian passenger aircraft were used to initially
> cause this devastation. My deepest and heartfelt sympathy goes out to
> anybody from this Newsgroup who was either in the affected areas at the
> time, or those of you who have friends and family who have been injured or
> lost their lives. What more can I say. Shocking, just shocking........
> --
> Neil Harrison
> aka bloggs

I have spent the night here in Australia following the sad news from
America.

I can only re-iterate what others have said, and offer my condolences to
the people of the U.S.A.

Words fail....

--
Joe Katnic

Sun, 29 Feb 2004 20:34:48 GMT
 Terrorist Attacks
From us in the U. S. to our colleagues in the U. K., Australia, and
elsewhere we say "thank you" for your support.

Boyce G. Williams, Jr.

Sun, 29 Feb 2004 21:02:00 GMT
 Terrorist Attacks
As an American, I'd like to thank all those around the world who offer their
consolences and support.

I would also like to offer my sympathy and support to those "down under" and
in Europe, South America, Africa and the near and far east.
For you see, it wasn't just N.Y., U.S. that was hit yesterday.

The world changed yesterday.  It changed just as surely as it did the day
the U.S. dropped the bomb on Hiroshima.  It changed just as surely as the
day the steam engine was invented.  It changed just as surely as the day the
printing press was invented.

And that change has and will effect every single one of you.

It may be as minor as the extra security inconviences and fear you will have
to go through every time you travel by air now.  It may be as major as
someone you know dying in another attack or in a war that will result from
America's retaliation for this attack.  But it will change.

And until the world accepts that this isn't a U.S. "problem." we will never
control world terrorism.

--
Buddy Ray
Editor

Quote:

> > I have just been watching the news here in the UK and I was totally and
> > utterly shocked to see the destruction, in America, by terrorists. Even
more
> > galling was the fact that civilian passenger aircraft were used to
initially
> > cause this devastation. My deepest and heartfelt sympathy goes out to
> > anybody from this Newsgroup who was either in the affected areas at the
> > time, or those of you who have friends and family who have been injured
or
> > lost their lives. What more can I say. Shocking, just shocking........
> > --
> > Neil Harrison
> > aka bloggs

> From the 'Great White North" I reiterate the above. I recall Bill kindly
writing
> to me some two years ago when a tornado occurred in Alberta. (It was way
north
> of Calgary).

> There's so much we 'northerners' share with you in the lower 48. To all US
> citizens in this News Group are heartfelt sympathies.

> Jimmy, Calgary AB

Sun, 29 Feb 2004 22:01:53 GMT
 Terrorist Attacks
To all of you out there, my deepest sympathy.  We're all affected by
this, be it my southern cousins in the States, my Canada, or
elsewhere.

The world is surely a different place today.  Sad to point out, but
not a beter one...

I wonder about the children I watched on the news - some of them being
comforted, others cheering with joy.  They will carry the weight of
the world on their shoulders, you know...

Today, I am American!

Calin, TORONTO

Quote:

> I have just been watching the news here in the UK and I was totally and
> utterly shocked to see the destruction, in America, by terrorists. Even more
> galling was the fact that civilian passenger aircraft were used to initially
> cause this devastation. My deepest and heartfelt sympathy goes out to
> anybody from this Newsgroup who was either in the affected areas at the
> time, or those of you who have friends and family who have been injured or
> lost their lives. What more can I say. Shocking, just shocking........

Sun, 29 Feb 2004 22:44:27 GMT
 Terrorist Attacks

Quote:
> I have just been watching the news here in the UK and I was totally and
> utterly shocked to see the destruction, in America, by terrorists. Even
more
> galling was the fact that civilian passenger aircraft were used to
initially
> cause this devastation. My deepest and heartfelt sympathy goes out to
> anybody from this Newsgroup who was either in the affected areas at the
> time, or those of you who have friends and family who have been injured or
> lost their lives. What more can I say. Shocking, just shocking........
> --
> Neil Harrison
> aka bloggs

As sad and disturbing as watching the attack is, far sadder and more
disturbing is watching the people in the middle east cheering and
celebrating the deaths of these innocent people....

Mon, 01 Mar 2004 02:55:40 GMT
 Terrorist Attacks

Quote:

> > I have just been watching the news here in the UK and I was totally and
> > utterly shocked to see the destruction, in America, by terrorists. Even
> more
> > galling was the fact that civilian passenger aircraft were used to
> initially
> > cause this devastation. My deepest and heartfelt sympathy goes out to
> > anybody from this Newsgroup who was either in the affected areas at the
> > time, or those of you who have friends and family who have been injured or
> > lost their lives. What more can I say. Shocking, just shocking........
> > --
> > Neil Harrison
> > aka bloggs

> As sad and disturbing as watching the attack is, far sadder and more
> disturbing is watching the people in the middle east cheering and
> celebrating the deaths of these innocent people....

If you can, get a copy of the article written by Leonard Pitts for the Miami
Herald and reprinted here in the Calgary Herald. He says it just right, in
words.

Strange though, it's a political cartoonist for the Calgary paper that did it
for me. A cartoon of Lady Liberty, with a look of resolve, yes a tear descending
her cheek, but she is defiantly holding that Torch of Democracy proudly upwards,
forever.

Jimmy, Calgary AB

Mon, 01 Mar 2004 02:58:36 GMT
 Terrorist Attacks
I also am shocked and would like to add my sympathy.

Robert Jones

Quote:

> I have just been watching the news here in the UK and I was totally and
> utterly shocked to see the destruction, in America, by terrorists. Even more
> galling was the fact that civilian passenger aircraft were used to initially
> cause this devastation. My deepest and heartfelt sympathy goes out to
> anybody from this Newsgroup who was either in the affected areas at the
> time, or those of you who have friends and family who have been injured or
> lost their lives. What more can I say. Shocking, just shocking........

Mon, 01 Mar 2004 03:25:33 GMT
 Terrorist Attacks
Noone can condone what has happened.

But these problems will not be solved by demonising the other side. If you are
to understand the problem and solve it, you need to understand why there are so
many people willing to die in order to extract revenge on America. Why America
is despised in many parts of the world.

Look at the USA from the point of view of many of the ordinary people of the
Middle East. The USA

- maintains in power corrupt and undemocratic regimes so it can continue to
access cheap oil (eg Saudi, Kuwait)
- supports Israel in its continued exclusion of Palestinian people from their
ancestral lands
- has a track record of killing large numbers of innocent civilians when it
suited its interests (Hiroshima, Nagasaki, Dresden)

If you try and look at things from the point of view of a Palestinian refugee
who has no job, no hope and no great and powerful friends you may begin to
understand how these things happen.

To repeat, the {*filter*} of innocent civilians is not a legitimate thing to do, by
anyone.

Tim Josling

Quote:

> > I have just been watching the news here in the UK and I was totally and
> > utterly shocked to see the destruction, in America, by terrorists. Even
> more
> > galling was the fact that civilian passenger aircraft were used to
> initially
> > cause this devastation. My deepest and heartfelt sympathy goes out to
> > anybody from this Newsgroup who was either in the affected areas at the
> > time, or those of you who have friends and family who have been injured or
> > lost their lives. What more can I say. Shocking, just shocking........
> > --
> > Neil Harrison
> > aka bloggs

> As sad and disturbing as watching the attack is, far sadder and more
> disturbing is watching the people in the middle east cheering and
> celebrating the deaths of these innocent people....

Mon, 01 Mar 2004 04:16:50 GMT
 Terrorist Attacks
I have been in the World Trade Center thousands of times. The Subway
from New Jersey has (had) its terminal underneath the towers.

Today, I figured I could return to business, but found I could not
call into New York City, because all the lines were busy. Then I
noticed that 2 of the people on my call list had addresses in the
World Trade Center...

Yesterday, I was reading my e-mail, when a friend on Instant Messenger
told me that the Twin Towers had collapsed, and the Pentagon and
Pittsburgh had been attacked. I typed out that this was a classic-type
hoax, but checked the news first... Saddest erasure in my life.

My son, John-Paul, lives in Manhattan, but teaches in Brooklyn. The
subway he takes to work runs right near the World Trade Center.  I
called him, left a message on his machine.  Thank God, he had spent
the night in Brooklyn!

Yesterday was a lot like the day Kennedy was killed. Everything
stopped. I was in college, we wandered around, wondering what would
happen.

I've seen too much history. I remember Hiroshima, Kennedy, I met
Malcolm X once, just before he was assassinated, I remember Martin
Luther King, Kent State, now it's ganging up on me, coming faster and
faster, Waco, Ruby Ridge, Murrah Office Building, Columbine, Taliban,
Crazy September.

Please, Lord, make it stop. I'm running out of tears.

Mon, 01 Mar 2004 08:15:04 GMT
 Terrorist Attacks

Quote:

> > > I have just been watching the news here in the UK and I was totally
and
> > > utterly shocked to see the destruction, in America, by terrorists.
Even
> > more
> > > galling was the fact that civilian passenger aircraft were used to
> > initially
> > > cause this devastation. My deepest and heartfelt sympathy goes out to
> > > anybody from this Newsgroup who was either in the affected areas at
the
> > > time, or those of you who have friends and family who have been
injured or
> > > lost their lives. What more can I say. Shocking, just shocking........
> > > --
> > > Neil Harrison
> > > aka bloggs

> > As sad and disturbing as watching the attack is, far sadder and more
> > disturbing is watching the people in the middle east cheering and
> > celebrating the deaths of these innocent people....

> If you can, get a copy of the article written by Leonard Pitts for the
Miami
> Herald and reprinted here in the Calgary Herald. He says it just right, in
> words.

> Strange though, it's a political cartoonist for the Calgary paper that did
it
> for me. A cartoon of Lady Liberty, with a look of resolve, yes a tear
descending
> her cheek, but she is defiantly holding that Torch of Democracy proudly
upwards,
> forever.

> Jimmy, Calgary AB

This was written by Leonard Pitts Jr. in the Miami Herald.

   It's my job to have something to say.  They pay me to provide words
that help make sense of that which troubles the American soul.  But in
this moment of airless shock when hot tears sting disbelieving eyes, the
only thing I can find to say, the only words that seem to fit, must be
addressed to the unknown author of this suffering.

   You monster.  You beast.  You unspeakable bastard.

   What lesson did you hope to teach us by your coward's attack on our
World Trade Center, our Pentagon, us?  What was it you hoped we
would learn? Whatever it was, please know that you failed.

   Did you want us to respect your cause?  You just damned your cause.
   Did you want to make us fear?  You just steeled our resolve.
   Did you want to tear us apart?  You just brought us together.

   Let me tell you about my people.  We are a vast and quarrelsome
family, a family rent by racial, social, political and class division, but a
family nonetheless.  We're frivolous, yes, capable of expending
tremendous emotional energy on pop cultural minutiae--a singer's
revealing dress, a ball team's misfortune, a cartoon mouse.  We're
wealthy, too, spoiled by the ready availability of trinkets and material
goods, and maybe because of that, we walk through life with a certain
sense of blithe entitlement.  We're fundamentally decent, though --
peaceloving and compassionate.  We struggle to know the right thing
and to do it.  And we are, the overwhelming majority of us, people
of faith, believers in a just and loving God.

   Some people -- you, perhaps -- think that any or all of this makes us
weak.  You're mistaken.  We are not weak.  Indeed, we are strong in
ways that cannot be measured by arsenals.

IN PAIN

   Yes, we're in pain now.  We are in mourning and we are in shock.
We're still grappling with the unreality of the awful thing you did, still
working to make ourselves understand that this isn't a special effect
from some Hollywood blockbuster, isn't the plot development from
a Tom Clancy novel.  Both in terms of the awful scope of their
ambition and the probable final death toll, your attacks are likely to go
down as the worst acts of terrorism in the history of the United States
and probably, the history of the world.  You've {*filter*}ied us as we
have never been {*filter*}ied before.

   But there's a gulf of difference between making us {*filter*}y and
making us fall.  This is the lesson Japan was taught to its bitter sorrow
the
last time anyone hit us this hard, the last time anyone brought us such
abrupt and monumental pain.  When roused, we are righteous in our
outrage, terrible in our force.  When provoked by this level of barbarism,
we will bear any suffering, pay any cost, go to any length, in the pursuit
of justice.

   I tell you this without fear of contradiction.  I know my people, as
you, I think , do not.  What I know reassures me.  It also causes me to
tremble with dread of the future.

   In the days to come, there will be recrimination and accusation,
fingers pointing to determine whose failure allowed this to happen and
what can be done to prevent it from happening again.  There will be
heightened security, misguided talk of revoking basic freedoms.  We'll
go forward from this moment sobered, chastened, sad, but determined
too.  Unimaginably determined.

THE STEEL IN US

   You see, the steel in us is not always readily apparent.  That aspect
of our character is seldom understood by people who don't know us well.
On this day, the family's bickering is put on hold.

   So I ask again:  What was it you hoped to teach us?  It occurs
to me that maybe you just wanted us to know the depths of your hatred.
If that's the case, consider the message received.  And take this message in
exchange:

You don't know my people.  You don't know what we're capable of.  You
don't know what you just started.

But you're about to learn....

Mon, 01 Mar 2004 08:40:07 GMT
 Terrorist Attacks
Here in New Zealand we have seen dedicated T.V. coverage of what can only be
described as unbelievable.

It is incredible to think that there are still people on the planet who are
so deluded as to believe that this is an acceptable form of argument.

Hopefully, the perpetrators will be brought to justice.

In the meantime all we can do is send our thoughts and support to all
Americans, and particularly those who have been personally touched by these
tragic events.

Flags here are at half mast (not just American flags). We all feel touched
by this outrage.

Pete.

Quote:
> I have just been watching the news here in the UK and I was totally and
> utterly shocked to see the destruction, in America, by terrorists. Even
more
> galling was the fact that civilian passenger aircraft were used to
initially
> cause this devastation. My deepest and heartfelt sympathy goes out to
> anybody from this Newsgroup who was either in the affected areas at the
> time, or those of you who have friends and family who have been injured or
> lost their lives. What more can I say. Shocking, just shocking........
> --
> Neil Harrison
> aka bloggs

-----==  Over 80,000 Newsgroups - 19 Different Servers!  ==-----

Sun, 29 Feb 2004 07:48:17 GMT

 [ 34 post ]  Go to page: [1] [2] [3]

 Relevant Pages

1. I'm glad the terrorists are stupid

2. while caps weekly attack cats, the pools often climb under the sharp carpenters

3. Squeak Attack Framework

4. Bin Laden May Focus Ramadan Attacks on US and Saudi Targets

5. NEWBIE ATTACK:Some questions

6. KOOK NOMINEE CJ III ATTACKS NET.ELDERS

7. Trrorist Attack !!

8. How To Prevent Database Attacks

9. Police attack rave?

10. KOOK NOMINEE CJ III ATTACKS NET.ELDERS

11. constant ad hominem attacks - boycott call