Call CSP program from COBOL program
Author Message
 Call CSP program from COBOL program

I would like call CSP program from COBOL program.
I use COBOL II.
Please help me.
Thank you.

Tue, 26 Oct 2004 16:31:44 GMT
 Call CSP program from COBOL program
My first recommendation is don't.  CSP is a disaster and due to die.  If
you must use CSP try to get to Release 4.1 which generates COBOL code
(by default COBOL II) and read the manuals.  CSP was designed so that it
could call COBOL but not so that it could be called by COBOL.

Be aware that your organization should be moving to Enterprise COBOL
since COBOL II and its immediate successor are or will shortly be out of
service.  You also so be moving to LE.  The CSP has been superseded by
Visual Age Generator so I don't know how long CSP will be in service.  I
would start a project to kill CSP.

Quote:

> I would like call CSP program from COBOL program.
> I use COBOL II.
> Please help me.
> Thank you.

Tue, 26 Oct 2004 23:53:43 GMT

1. Calling a cobol program from a CSP transaction under CICS

2. Calling a non-COBOL program from a COBOL program on OS/390

3. Call HLASM program from COBOL MVS program

4. Calling a COBOL program from a PL/1 program

5. rexx program calling cobol program

6. Calling a COBOL program from a PL/1 program

7. Call HLASM program from COBOL MVS program

8. COBOL II calls to OS/VS COBOL programs in batch

9. Compiling functional programs to CSP/Occam - request for pointers

10. Windows program call DOS program

11. Calling FoxPro program from within Clipper program

12. Calling a REXX program from a C program.