AS/400 Cobol trying to call an ILE Cobol function in a service progam - Please help
Author Message
 AS/400 Cobol trying to call an ILE Cobol function in a service progam - Please help

Hi,

Hopefully some one can help me, I have written two Cobol programs, one
is a function, which I made into a Service program, and the second I
made a program.

I created modules for both programs, the function I then used the
CRTSRVPGM, and the main program I used CRTPGM, and entered the Service
program in as a bound service program.  When I run the main program, it
runs fine until it calls the function.

I have tried CALL pgm, CALL LINKAGE TYPE IS PROGRAM pgm, but I keep
getting an error telling me that my main program can't find or resolve
to the function.

Can someone please help me, should I be using something other than
CALL? or is there a special version of the call command?

I have also tried creating a single program, binding in both modules
but still got the same error.

The same question would apply to a CL program, is there a special way
of calling ILE functions?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

JP
6 Woodstown Heights,
Knocklyon, Dublin 16
Ireland.
Mobile = 087-6777208

--
John Part

Ph: +353 87 6777208

Sun, 18 May 2003 09:55:24 GMT

1. Any IBM AS/400 ILE COBOL Programmers Here?

2. Problem with AS/400 ILE-COBOL.

3. Old RM-COBOL UNIX programmer seeking info on move to COBOL/400 on AS/400

4. AS/400, RPG/400, COBOL, CL/400

5. VS COBOL II to COBOL/400 conversion query

6. IBM Mainframe COBOL vs. AS/400 COBOL

7. Difference between Cobol and AS/400 Cobol

8. Please Help....................COBOL/400

9. Please Help ...........COBOL/400

10. COBOL/400 on IBM AS/400

11. rpg/400 to cobol/400 conversion?

12. Logo on COBOL/400 Display Files on AS/400