Web site for OS/VS2 MVS Utilities?
Author Message
 Web site for OS/VS2 MVS Utilities?

I know this isn't about COBOL and I apologise.
Can anyone point me to a good web site to get information about IBM MVS
utilities e.g IEBGENER.  I've tried the IBM bookshelf site without success
and I figured at least one of you guys must have his browser pointed to
something good.  Thanks a lot in advance for your help.
                           Regards
                 The Man in Spectacles

Please remove -nematode- from the email address before replying

Solicitations to me must be pre-approved in writing by me after solicitor
pays $1000 US per incident.  Solicitations sent to me are proof that you
accept this notice and will send a certified check forthwith.

Sun, 16 Jul 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 Web site for OS/VS2 MVS Utilities?

Quote:
>I know this isn't about COBOL and I apologise.
>Can anyone point me to a good web site to get information about IBM MVS
>utilities e.g IEBGENER.  I've tried the IBM bookshelf site without success
>and I figured at least one of you guys must have his browser pointed to
>something good.  Thanks a lot in advance for your help.

At work I do not have web access (but I *do* manage to telnet out to my
shell account here!) so I cannot help... all I can suggest is the handy
copy of Trombetta & Finklestein.

DD

Sun, 16 Jul 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 Web site for OS/VS2 MVS Utilities?

Quote:

> I know this isn't about COBOL and I apologise.
> Can anyone point me to a good web site to get information about IBM MVS
> utilities e.g IEBGENER.  I've tried the IBM bookshelf site without success
> and I figured at least one of you guys must have his browser pointed to
> something good.  Thanks a lot in advance for your help.

What part of the manual do you not understand? If you were more specific
in your question perhaps someone could answer it. Or is your question
"Where are the manuals?"

--

Beyond Software, Inc.      http://www.beyond-software.com
"Transforming Legacy Applications"

Sun, 16 Jul 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 Web site for OS/VS2 MVS Utilities?

Quote:
>I know this isn't about COBOL and I apologise.
>Can anyone point me to a good web site to get information about IBM MVS
>utilities e.g IEBGENER.  ...

The BookMgr site does have the information you need; one just needs a
LOT of patience :-)

The IBM manual you could use is: DFSMS/MVS V1R3 Utilities,
                Documnet Number: SC26-4926-02

You can view the Contents page of this manual at:
http://ppdbooks.pok.ibm.com:80/cgi-bin/bookmgr/bookmgr.cmd/BOOKS/DGT1...

The write-up on IEBGENER is in Section 6.0, you can view that directly
by using the following URL:
http://ppdbooks.pok.ibm.com:80/cgi-bin/bookmgr/bookmgr.cmd/BOOKS/DGT1...

Hope this is of help.
Regards,
Bal
-----

http://www.geocities.com/~oberoi/mainfrme.html
-----
"The universe is full of magical things,
patiently waiting for our wits to grow sharper." - Eden Phillpotts

Sun, 16 Jul 2000 03:00:00 GMT

1. MVS Smalltalk Web Site

2. New web site & Free Utility

3. request: web site copy utility

4. World Wide Web site for MVS Smalltalk

5. RexxBOS, OS/2 Rexx library, web site

6. Ada Os web site

7. OS dev web site....new !

8. New OS dev web site (good adress)

9. New OS dev web site

10. CobAnal for MVS, OS/390 and z/OS New version

11. LLNL Web site / FTP site down

12. New Web Site: The Tcl Plugin How-to Site