cross-reference for COBOL source: literals listed too?
Author Message
 cross-reference for COBOL source: literals listed too?

        I once used a COBOL source cross-referencer that listed variables,
paragraphs and COBOL literals (also possibly figurative constants, as I
recall) by line number; it also differentiated between read- and
write-references.
        It was written in COBOL.  I used it in San Francisco, circa 1972.
Does anyone have a pointer to such a program that I can obtain today?

Thanks a lot!

Wed, 19 May 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 cross-reference for COBOL source: literals listed too?

Quote:

>    I once used a COBOL source cross-referencer that listed variables,
> paragraphs and COBOL literals (also possibly figurative constants, as I
> recall) by line number; it also differentiated between read- and
> write-references.
>    It was written in COBOL.  I used it in San Francisco, circa 1972.
> Does anyone have a pointer to such a program that I can obtain today?

> Thanks a lot!

Most COBOL compilers have a good cross-reference feature.
It's a compile option.  Check your manual.

Fri, 21 May 1999 03:00:00 GMT

1. Cross reference COBOL source: want literals listed too....?

2. PyXR 0.9- Cross-Referenced HTML from Python Source

3. PyXR 0.8- Cross-Referenced HTML from Python Source

4. Cross reference printer for VHDL source

5. source code cross reference tool

6. OS/390 COBOL copybook cross reference

7. MVS COBOL Cross Reference

8. DEC Cobol and CDDL (cross reference)

9. Bernecky gets his references crossed

10. text file cross-reference utility

11. App-Ref Beta 7d - Clarion Cross Reference

12. App-Ref Beta 7b Released - Clarion Cross Reference