*Light Bulb List Members* - humor
Author Message
 *Light Bulb List Members* - humor

Q: How many internet mail list subscribers does it take to
change a light bulb?

A: 1,331:

1 to change the light bulb and to post to the mail list that
the light bulb has been changed

14 to share similar experiences of changing light bulbs and
how the light bulb could have been changed differently.

7 to caution about the dangers of changing light bulbs.

27 to point out spelling/grammar errors in posts about
changing light bulbs.

53 to flame the spell checkers

156 to write to the list administrator complaining about the
light bulb discussion and its inappropriateness to this mail
list.

41 to correct spelling in the spelling/grammar flames.

109 to post that this list is not about light bulbs and to
please take this email exchange to alt.lite.bulb

203 to demand that cross posting to alt.grammar,
alt.spelling and alt.punctuation about changing light bulbs
be stopped.

111 to defend the posting to this list saying that we are
all use light bulbs and therefore the posts **are** relevant
to this mail list.

306 to debate which method of changing light bulbs is
superior, where to buy the best light bulbs, what brand of
light bulbs work best for this technique, and what brands
are faulty.

27 to post URLs where one can see examples of different
light bulbs.

14 to post that the URLs were posted incorrectly, and to
post corrected URLs.

3 to post about links they found from the URLs that are
relevant to this list which makes light bulbs relevant to
this list.

33 to concatenate all posts to date, then quote them
including all headers and footers, and then add "Me Too."

12 to post to the list that they are unsubscribing because
they cannot handle the light bulb controversy.

19 to quote the "Me Too's" to say, "Me Three."

4 to suggest that posters request the light bulb FAQ.

1 to propose new alt.change.lite.bulb newsgroup.

47 to say this is just what alt.physic.cold_fusion was meant
for, leave it here.

143 votes for alt.lite.bulb.

Mon, 09 May 2005 21:44:29 GMT
 *Light Bulb List Members* - humor
Brilliant!

Absolutely what happens here <G>...

Pete.

Quote:

> Q: How many internet mail list subscribers does it take to
> change a light bulb?

> A: 1,331:

> 1 to change the light bulb and to post to the mail list that
> the light bulb has been changed

> 14 to share similar experiences of changing light bulbs and
> how the light bulb could have been changed differently.

> 7 to caution about the dangers of changing light bulbs.

> 27 to point out spelling/grammar errors in posts about
> changing light bulbs.

> 53 to flame the spell checkers

> 156 to write to the list administrator complaining about the
> light bulb discussion and its inappropriateness to this mail
> list.

> 41 to correct spelling in the spelling/grammar flames.

> 109 to post that this list is not about light bulbs and to
> please take this email exchange to alt.lite.bulb

> 203 to demand that cross posting to alt.grammar,
> alt.spelling and alt.punctuation about changing light bulbs
> be stopped.

> 111 to defend the posting to this list saying that we are
> all use light bulbs and therefore the posts **are** relevant
> to this mail list.

> 306 to debate which method of changing light bulbs is
> superior, where to buy the best light bulbs, what brand of
> light bulbs work best for this technique, and what brands
> are faulty.

> 27 to post URLs where one can see examples of different
> light bulbs.

> 14 to post that the URLs were posted incorrectly, and to
> post corrected URLs.

> 3 to post about links they found from the URLs that are
> relevant to this list which makes light bulbs relevant to
> this list.

> 33 to concatenate all posts to date, then quote them
> including all headers and footers, and then add "Me Too."

> 12 to post to the list that they are unsubscribing because
> they cannot handle the light bulb controversy.

> 19 to quote the "Me Too's" to say, "Me Three."

> 4 to suggest that posters request the light bulb FAQ.

> 1 to propose new alt.change.lite.bulb newsgroup.

> 47 to say this is just what alt.physic.cold_fusion was meant
> for, leave it here.

> 143 votes for alt.lite.bulb.

                http://www.usenet.com

Tue, 10 May 2005 05:35:20 GMT
 *Light Bulb List Members* - humor

Quote:
> Brilliant!

> Absolutely what happens here <G>...

> Pete.

Yea, kind of brings to mind the Nigerian Scam thread!

Tue, 10 May 2005 07:31:58 GMT
 *Light Bulb List Members* - humor
Hi Robert,

A minor correction. The answer is 1,332.

1 (DOC) telling him to do his own home work.

Jack

Quote:

> > Brilliant!

> > Absolutely what happens here <G>...

> > Pete.

> Yea, kind of brings to mind the Nigerian Scam thread!

Wed, 11 May 2005 15:13:35 GMT

1. The light bulb goes on...

2. Member, ordered list to list

3. are all members in a list atomic?

4. List members in Japan

5. Economical/cheap bicycle light? Re: Bicycle Lighting

6. Economical/cheap bicycle light? Re: Bicycle Lighting

7. List members in Japan

8. New Members List [regular posting]

9. Popforum members list (regular posting)

10. REXX PDS member list under MVS

11. My expressions of condolence to all US members of this list

12. lighting Ive done / do you know other (complex) lighting examples