Need info on (un)successful mainframe to Unix conversions
Author Message
 Need info on (un)successful mainframe to Unix conversions

Hello all,

I wonder if anyone has any info, links, whatever, or perhaps experiences to
share, regarding conversions from IBM mainframes (any vintage) to any Unix,
perhaps using MF COBOL or something like that.

I need this info to prove to someone (it's rather like settling a bet!) that
this has been done, and can be done, etc.  I'm only being fair by asking for
UNsuccessful conversions as well as successful ones :-)

Any info is very much appreciated.  Thank you.

Sitaram.

Fri, 07 Jul 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 Need info on (un)successful mainframe to Unix conversions

Quote:
> I wonder if anyone has any info, links, whatever, or perhaps experiences
> share, regarding conversions from IBM mainframes (any vintage) to any
Unix,
> perhaps using MF COBOL or something like that.

I'm not sure the language(s) used, but I remember HP making quite a
fuss when they turned off their last mainframe (I assume IBM/compatable)
and started running the company entirely on HP boxes.

Take a look at their web site (or give them a call), I'm sure they
would be happy to give you information.

Hope this helps

Jeff

Fri, 07 Jul 2000 03:00:00 GMT

1. Info/Advice needed on IBM Cobol 2 to MF Unix Cobol conversion

2. Mainframe to Unix Cobol conversion?

3. IBM Mainframe to IBM Unix Cobol conversion?

4. IBM Mainframe <-> Unix Conversions

5. Como puedo desplegar un front panel en un cliente mediante un programa cliente/servidor

6. *THIS* Y2K Solution + Offshore = Successful Conversion!

7. *THIS* Y2K Solution + Offshore = Successful Conversion!

8. *THIS* Y2K Solution + Offshore = Successful Conversion!

9. Need some info on COBOL ISAM files conversion

10. HELP... need info on Ada Conversion...PLEASE

11. Tools for code CONVERSION or MAINTENANCE -- Need Info!

12. FLECS background, conversion info needed